• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC installation problem with Vista

chanseng

Question

I install EMC v9 on my brand new Thinkpad x60 Vista.

I get the following message,

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled

Process id:0x12dc(4828), Thread id:0xd20(3360)

Click ok to terminate the application

Click CANCEL to degub the application

>>regsvcs.exe common language runtime debugging service.

Same message appear even after recover my Thinkpad with fresh copy of Vista.

6 answers to this question

I don't know what this means but wonder if it has anything to do with a DLA error many others have had. You might try removing Drag to Disc from the control panel and see if that clears up the problem. It likely has some type of packet writing program that conflicts but again, this is just a guess as I'm not familiar with the x60. Have you contacted IBM about this yet? Been on their forums and asked as well?

I guess nothing to do with DLA as I take precaution of not to install Vista as a upgrade to existing WinXP. So only some Thinkpad utility eg, wireless, access connection and those Video/Audio is installed. Then the next thing I tried to installed is EMC9. Tried serveral time with similar result (ie, with Vista re-install etc).

The DLA problem is not down to the mode of installation of Vista, but a problem with a patch Microsoft issued on the official release date which (due to an error on their part) flagged the DLA drivers as 'incompatible'.

As Paul said, remove Drag to Disc using the control panel add/remove programs and see if that helps

I install EMC v9 on my brand new Thinkpad x60 Vista.

I get the following message,

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled

Process id:0x12dc(4828), Thread id:0xd20(3360)

>>regsvcs.exe common language runtime debugging service.

Same message appear even after recover my Thinkpad with fresh copy of Vista.

I don't know what this means but wonder if it has anything to do with a DLA error many others have had. You might try removing Drag to Disc from the control panel and see if that clears up the problem. It likely has some type of packet writing program that conflicts but again, this is just a guess as I'm not familiar with the x60. Have you contacted IBM about this yet? Been on their forums and asked as well?

The DLA problem is not down to the mode of installation of Vista, but a problem with a patch Microsoft issued on the official release date which (due to an error on their part) flagged the DLA drivers as 'incompatible'.

As Paul said, remove Drag to Disc using the control panel add/remove programs and see if that helps

Thanks. However the problem I encounter is during the startup of installation. I do not even get to a chance for customized installation to pick not to install Drag to Disc option.

Unfortunately, there's no option NOT to install Drag to Disc in EMC9 - you have to let it install and then remove it.

Looks like I am stuck with it as the only 2 option I have is:

These message came out during the initial setup (installation). This is to say that I have no chance to complete the installation at all.

Archived