• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast finishes immediately

notfred

Question

Burning a DL DVD in toast 8.

Toast estimates it'll take about a minute and a half, starts up ("Preparing", and immediately says "writing leadout", then "verifying". "Verifying" hangs, I can safely Force Quit.

Nothing gets written to the disk because I can burn it later on.

In the system log, I see two suspicious lines:

Mar 23 19:03:12 macbookpro kernel[0]: USBF: 11584.873 AppleUSBEHCI[0x371a000]::Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 253, timing out!

Mar 23 19:03:18 macbookpro kernel[0]: USBF: 11590.874 AppleUSBEHCI[0x371a000]::Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 253, timing out!

The second one appears right before Toast says "writing lead-out".

This is on a MBP with 10.4.9, toast 8.0.0, 8.0.1 OR 6.0.9!!!

It looks like a system issue, but I have no ideas, anybody?

2 answers to this question

can you burn any discs at all? since you only mentioned burning DL DVD, are you able to burn a single layer DVD or even CDs?

I have a similar problem. Toast generally works fine, but when burning a DVD from a VIDEO_TS folder, if a use the Custom pulldown and have Toast include to DVD data portion I get almost the same problem. Toast says it is compressing and encoding the video for about 2 seconds, starts writing the lead-in and then immediately after that begins writing the lead-out (which takes a very very long time). When mounting the disk afterwards, I generally only get a menu screen (but not a working menu) - there is no video on the disk. I have only tried this with single-layer DVD-R discs. I have no problems if a don't choose the "custom option"

Archived