Lightscribe media

mknabster

I have just been getting into Lightscribe media graphics lately, but i'm not to convinced with the contrast of my graphics on the discs. Someone said that if you print the Lightscribe disc multiple times, it will look really nice, how is this done? And how would the burner know where to start as it had done the last print?

I have just been getting into Lightscribe media graphics lately, but i'm not to convinced with the contrast of my graphics on the discs. Someone said that if you print the Lightscribe disc multiple times, it will look really nice, how is this done? And how would the burner know where to start as it had done the last print?

Never tried it myself and I agree, my graphics are not anything to brag about.

Give it a try anyway. Leave the disc in and just reprint and see what happens. Might be best to start with just a simple bit of text. I confess, I don't use it as much as I thought I would and it's over rated.

There is an index mark on the disc so Lightscribe always starts at the same point. I've used the Lightscribe contrast application but have never double printed.

Look around that site; they have a lot of freebie label backgrounds if you don't want to make your own.

Ever see the other color discs. I know they are available but haven't tried them.

Try the LightScribe contrast utility. Read here LightScribe more than once, http://www.it-enquirer.com/main/ite/more/l...cribe_contrast/.

I bought a HP 5160 CD DVD Ink Jet Printer $79.00, no need for LightScribe!

cd

cd, I've tried the 'update' and honestly, can't tell any difference. I do only have 1 brand now, Verbatim so maybe another brand will give me a better look.

There is an index mark on the disc so Lightscribe always starts at the same point

The link explained that on the double dose of Lightscribe!

Ever see the other color discs. I know they are available but haven't tried them.

I have the Verbatim ones, still not impressed

so maybe another brand will give me a better look.

I doubt it!

cd

Not to mention that those Lightscribes are similar to the old thermal printer paper ..... they fade in bright light.

I need to pick up one of those printers like cd has.....

A friend of mine has an Epson that prints to disc and it does a good job.Like all ink-jet printers though it eats ink.

Like all Epsons, it eats ink. The HP doesn't even come close to using the amount of ink the Epson's use and leak. Had 2 of them, never again. They had nice print quality, but after printing a few CD/DVDs, they were out of ink. I have printed probably close to 40 DVDs, multiple pages (probably around 50), and a couple of photographs with the HP D5160 and the ink status is still showing at least a third of the ink level on the original color cartridge. By now, if using the Epsons, I would be on my fourth or fifth set of cartridges.

As for the lightscribe, after getting inkjet printers that print to disc, I haven't made any. Have plenty of CD's, but don't use them. Also the contrast utility does work somewhat, but doubles the time it takes to burn the image. Also you must install the same release version or it will not work. You install the Lightscribe update, then the contrast utility with the same version number.

Thanks for all the replies! Yea, i already have the contrast utility, and i haven't noticed a real difference in it yet. I read that printing from a normal printer onto a DVD can, when put into a DVd player, get stripped off or even ruin the player itself. If i make eough money off of this stuff, i'll definately be buying one of the ones that are used for making commercial DVDs, but that;s in the high thousands, so that won't be for awhile. Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies! Yea, i already have the contrast utility, and i haven't noticed a real difference in it yet. I read that printing from a normal printer onto a DVD can, when put into a DVd player, get stripped off or even ruin the player itself. If i make eough money off of this stuff, i'll definately be buying one of the ones that are used for making commercial DVDs, but that;s in the high thousands, so that won't be for awhile. Thanks!

I think you're thinking of the labels that get ripped off and ruin the reader. The printers we are talking about print directly to a CD/DVD that has a coating that will accept ink just like paper does, but that will not come off. These are not labels. The ones the commercial companies often use are inkjet printable or thermal, another type of coating put directly on the CD.

The commercial printers cost $800 up and is made for commercial volumes. The HP D5160 costs about $75 and does one at a time.

With the 5160 can you scan the image off an existing DVD and use it to then print the image on a new disc?

tbrewst,

I bought the 5160 also, a great printer at a very good price. Are you asking if you can scan with the 5160, like a 3 in 1? No you can't, but you can use a scanned image to print to disc with the included software.

Does that answer your question?

cd

Archived