• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

newbie in need of help

cookee

Question

Thanks Bruce,I was looking for that but came up empty.

You are welcome.

Can't install easy creater 7. I do have IE7 and MP11 on my computer. Will someone explain how I roll these programs back. I have shut off auto. updates. Thank you. Sorry system is XP.

Cookee, I see that you dropped back in here. Did the suggestions work for you?

Ml, thanks..... But like I said, I removed MP11 but I don't see Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in the Add or Remove Window . Could it be Windows XP Service pack 2

It has nothing to do with SP2, which came out in late 2004. The link that ml posted, tells how to remove IE7. Click on that link.

It has nothing to do with SP2, which came out in late 2004. The link that ml posted, tells how to remove IE7. Click on that link.

Sorry. That's me not being my usual 'over explain it' self. It's been a busy week.

Thanks for explaining it, Bruce.

You might try Microsoft Customer Support.

Those directions have worked for others and if they don't work for you Microsoft should be able to tell you why.

You are welcome.

Cookee, I see that you dropped back in here. Did the suggestions work for you?

Thank you both. I rolled back IE7 and Wmp11. haven't had time to install EMC 7, but my computer response is better. Let you know after installing. Just wanted to Thank You. :D

If it's a VERY new install of WinXP, it might not have IE 6 in it

Lynn

Might want to check that timeline. Microsoft to launch Windows XP in New York on Oct. 25 2001. Browser timeline Internet Explorer for Windows Version 6.0 October 2001.

cd

Might want to check that timeline. Microsoft to launch Windows XP in New York on Oct. 25 2001. Browser timeline Internet Explorer for Windows Version 6.0 October 2001.

cd

I think that she may be referring to the fact that there have been a few versions of XP that came out, long after the initial release.

The version of XP Pro, that I just purchased, includes the original SP2, circa late 2004. Unless someone is installing a slipstreamed XP, IE 6 is the standard install, even with the later versions, and IE 7 isn't there, unless you update to it.

But, I can see why Lynn suggested the possibility, in her post.

Wasn't IE6 the browser that came with XP?

It was ORIGINALLY.

However, when I bought my WinXP, it came with SP2 - that was about 2 years ago.

And I've seen posts by people who bought WinXP computers in late 2006, that came with IE 7. I'm not sure they have IE 6.

Lynn

You should just be able to go into Add/Remove from the control panel and remove them both.If this doesn't roll them back to the previous versions then go to Microsoft's website and download and install either or both.

I know how to add and remove programs, I can't find MS7 to remove it. Where would it be other than in the control panel? I see it in the program files, but not in the add/remove.

thanks again,

Andy

thanks to all who helped , Now I'm burning DVD's that will only play on my computer not my DVD player.

Probably what has happened there Lynn is the seller has installed the OS and then run the updates before shipping (that's normal practise here anyway).

If that's the case, then IE7 can be removed by using add/remove in control panel

Wasn't IE6 the browser that came with XP?

It did on my computer. Once you uninstall IE 7, you should get IE 6 back. But that doesn't solve the problem of the error message. :(

thanks to all who helped , Now I'm burning DVD's that will only play on my computer not my DVD player.

What kind of files, an which program within the suite are you using?

It is possible you are making data discs of the files, rather than the special format recognizable by standalone DVD players.

Lynn

Archived