FwFdfireman

Roxio..NOT just for home videos!

Question

I wanted to show some of the members and visitors that Roxio can be used for so much more than just home video compilation and photo work.

I belong to a Gaming community and we play BF2, BF2142 and BF Special Forces. (BF=Battlefield) Our clan in known in the gaming community as Geezers and =GzR= is our clan "tag".

Using a little program called "Fraps", I captured my screenshots and small video segments in game. Then with Roxio EMC9 I compiled, edited and finalized my little project.

See what else Roxio EMC9 can do.

See video here...and it's no joke. Strictly on the up and up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgvRqM9tvcA

Edited by FwFdfireman

20 answers to this question

You take your hobby seriously!

Like the music....was that Pink Floyd I hear or one of the member (Gilmore?) The more I hear of it, it sounds like Dire Straits too.

Edited by Beerman

I wanted to show some of the members and visitors that Roxio can be used for so much more than just home video compilation and photo work.

I belong to a Gaming community and we play BF2, BF2142 and BF Special Forces. (BF=Battlefield) Our clan in known in the gaming community as Geezers and =GzR= is our clan "tag".

Using a little program called "Fraps", I captured my screenshots and small video segments in game. Then with Roxio EMC9 I compiled, edited and finalized my little project.

YouTube

You could also put a plug in for Buzz which helps you put your videos on YouTube. There is a free download and since you have the mpg decoders already form EMC 9, there is nothing to buy. I tried it an it was very easy to run.

Of course the demo videos in another thread in this forum were created with a combination of SnagIT and EMC 9 and then loaded to the web site. I use EMC 9 to post other videos like air show footage to my main web site (WMV or AVI or mpg2).

Thx sknis for the link on BUZZ. Will definately be looking into that.

I am really new into the video thing, EMC9 and YouTube. I had seen so many great compilations for this and that posted at YT.

Dire Straits baby.........."Brothers In Arms".

Yeah, I am just an old man that never fully grew up. Hey.......isn't that a "guy" thing anyway?? Little boys with big boy toys? That's what my brother always said.

YouTube

Clicked on your YouTube button and Youtube says the video has been removed by the user. S'up?

Maybe youtube was afraid of getting sued since everyone is all over them for copyright infringement. :o

Clicked on your YouTube button and Youtube says the video has been removed by the user. S'up?

Had to re edit to clear up some issues. In VideoWave it all looked fine but when played on our web site and YouTube some of the text on panels were difficult to read.

Updated the link above so it is now good to go. Sorry about that, but had to remove other video to make room for this one.

Had to re edit to clear up some issues. In VideoWave it all looked fine but when played on our web site and YouTube some of the text on panels were difficult to read.

Updated the link above so it is now good to go. Sorry about that, but had to remove other video to make room for this one.

Very cool video! Good job. Inspires me to try and get all I can out of EMC9.

Edited by jroc

You take your hobby seriously!

Like the music....was that Pink Floyd I hear or one of the member (Gilmore?) The more I hear of it, it sounds like Dire Straits too.

What?????? The almighty guesser of tunes got it wrong.(collapses in fake faint).....lol.Well at least at first guess.

Sorry Paul,had to take a shot.

Edited by tbrewst

What?????? The almighty guesser of tunes got it wrong.(collapses in fake faint).....lol.Well at least at first guess.

Sorry Paul,had to take a shot.

I did end up saying it was Dire Straits. :rolleyes: I wasn't a Dire Straits fan (remember the MTV song?).

And, don't put me up on some tune guessing pedestal, I ain't all that! :P

Yes,you did get it on the second attempt.And I'll remember not to deify you any longer....lol.

I WANT MY MTV (Alias-Money for Nothing)

Edited by tbrewst

Wow...Wow...and How...

I cannot say I am impressed, because I have to consult my dictionary to find a much stronger word than "impressed" :o .

Never, would I have thought that Roxio could produce something like this.

Thank you so very much for sharing this with us. :o

Great video, well done.............. :)

Edited by Patty

Great video, well done.............. :)

Thx all. The more I use EMC9 the more I learn. In no means am I good with it. Probably just barely scratched the surface.

I am currently doing another one for BF2. It is a parody on my game play. Clan mates get a kick out of me because I get so intense in "battle". So I am again capturing selected scenes from Battlefield 2 of me, with "Fraps" and then creating .wav recordings of me using my "expressions" they laugh at and then combining the video and audio.

In the back of my head I keep thinking of "other" things I could try and do with EMC9 and other programs I have.

As said before, WOW! I'm new to Roxio, but inspired by your work....as well as others here. Thanks for sharing!

Hi

I agree with the others what a great video.

One part that REALLY impresses ME is just near the end where tego26 is on the running on the roof.

tego.jpg

You have the video clip "jump" to the rat-tat-tat of the soundtrack. How did you go about doing that, surely it was NOT a coincidence, it's VERY good.

Regards

Peter

Hi

I agree with the others what a great video.

One part that REALLY impresses ME is just near the end where tego26 is on the running on the roof.

**IMAGE REMOVED for quote by fwfdfireman**

You have the video clip "jump" to the rat-tat-tat of the soundtrack. How did you go about doing that, surely it was NOT a coincidence, it's VERY good.

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

Let me ask......are you saying that the video actually jumped with the gunfire, cannon fire, bombs etc? If you are........then that wasn't me. I do however in my videos try to find spots where the music actually enhances the video scene. This involves timing of the audio with the music. Maybe words in the song or a crascendo (crescendo) ?? in the tune that helps to highlight a scene.

With that one....if you notice that when, I think it was Crash694 was attacking with the "APC" and firing, moving in and out, and Dire Straits lyrics of........."Through these fields of destruction..............baptism of fire" and on the word "FIRE" the APC his hit by a TOW missile.

That required me FIRST recognizing that THAT point in the song would be just right for THAT portion of the video clip. Then it was a matter of a little editing of video and some stills to get the timing right.

If he video is actually "jumping" visually on you.........then that is another issue.

Anyway.......glad you liked it. There are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better "Gaming Videos" out there. But wasn't bad for my first attempt in that area.

Hi Peter,

Let me ask......are you saying that the video actually jumped with the gunfire, cannon fire, bombs etc? If you are........then that wasn't me.

Not that exactly...

I watched it again today and it's NOT a video "problem" with my pc or the YouTube transmission.

but this...

The YouTube video clip actually "moves" or "jumps" when the Dire Straits drummer hit the cymbal or High-hat, tat, tat, tat!

This motion is like that seen in some of the music or advertising videos. Watch it again for yourself and check the video at 5:01 to 5:03. If THAT was coincidence then it was JUST right :D

I do however in my videos try to find spots where the music actually enhances the video scene. This involves timing of the audio with the music.

That required me FIRST recognizing that THAT point in the song would be just right for THAT portion of the video clip. Then it was a matter of a little editing of video and some stills to get the timing right.

Yes, I know what you mean. In my holiday video on the cruise ship part, I had Enya's Oricnoco Flow's "sail away, sail away" verse START at the first photo where the cruise ship sailed from port.

Regards

Peter

Ok, I saw what you were talking about.

That was NOT me intentionally doing anything. The stills and clips I got from a portion of that game came from using the "Battlerecorder" feature provided with BF2.

With that feature, you can download any round if the server you played on has the Battlerecorder feature enabled. I downloaded a few rounds that I had played in and then watched them. I control the camera as I am watching it. Using FRAPS, I captured stills and video portions I wanted to use.

I guess what you saw was just a coincedence....me being jerky with the mouse in controlling the camera or semething along those lines.

Sounds from how you did your video.......you have a handle on it all.