• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
coriscapnskip

Having Trouble Updating Toast 7

Question

When I open Toast 7, it says an update is available. I've tried opening the update both ways, and it goes through this whole thing as if downloading, but then next time I open Toast 7 it still isn't updated. :( Someone please tell me EXACTLY what to do and how to do it! Thanks!!

15 answers to this question

if you are talking about 7.1.2 update, you unzip the file, mount it then install it...

Yes, I am, and darn, I got all the files into the Toast Folder under Applications like it said, opened everything, all acted fine, but now when I try to open Toast it still says it is not updated! How do I mount? Thanks.

Yes, I am, and darn, I got all the files into the Toast Folder under Applications like it said, opened everything, all acted fine, but now when I try to open Toast it still says it is not updated! How do I mount? Thanks.

Is it possible that you now have both the former and updated copies of Toast on your hard drive? The updater doesn't "update" the previous application: it replaces it. Maybe you are still opening the older version rather than opening the new one.

Is it possible that you now have both the former and updated copies of Toast on your hard drive? The updater doesn't "update" the previous application: it replaces it. Maybe you are still opening the older version rather than opening the new one.

No, I went into the Roxio Toast folder and deleted the 7.0.2. I also dragged all the other things into the folder, and when prompted clicked "Replace," but it still opens as 7.0.2 and tells me 7.1.2 is available. I don't know what else to do!

Edited by coriscapnskip

No, I went into the Roxio Toast folder and deleted the 7.0.2. I also dragged all the other things into the folder, and when prompted clicked "Replace," but it still opens as 7.0.2 and tells me 7.1.2 is available. I don't know what else to do!

Click on the Toast icon in the Finder and choose Get Info from the File menu. Next to Version does it still show Toast as being 7.0.2? If you indeed have 7.1.2, go to your User>Library>Preferences folder. There are 2 Toast preference files. One is "com.roxio.Toast.plist" and the other is "Roxio Toast Prefs". Trash both of them. Now relaunch Toast.

I threw away every Toast item in the Finder AND in the Toast Folder in Applications, downloaded 7.1.2, and it STILL keeps telling me I have 7.0.2 and need to update! :angry2:

(Yes, I threw away everything, so if it all doesn't come back if and when I do manage to update, I may have to be told how to restore certain things. :unsure: )

Edited by coriscapnskip

Tried again, opening the update, and this time dragging everything into everything, and at least got a thing saying something about 7.1.2 being localized, but still doesn't show as that version when I open Toast. :(

Can't figure it out, so opened a support ticket. :rolleyes:

Edited by coriscapnskip

They never did email, and closed one ticket with no answer. I opened another one and received an answer but don't understand a word of it. How do I go about doing these things? The only thing I can't do is disconnect from the internet (if that is what they are asking) as the way my computer is set up, if it is turned on, I am online. I guess the only way I could disconnect is to unplug the internet devices (one is a modem and the other is broadband--or something--I don't want to TOUCH them!) I hope this is not necessary.

Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

In order to resolve the issue please try the following steps:

-Update Mac

-Clear the browser cache

-In case you are using Netbarrier:

1. Open NetBarrier

2. Switch off the data-secure function and allow Roxio to show your last visit internet site

-Also make sure the firewall is not creating the issue

-You are directly connected to the internet

They never did email, and closed one ticket with no answer. I opened another one and received an answer but don't understand a word of it. How do I go about doing these things? The only thing I can't do is disconnect from the internet (if that is what they are asking) as the way my computer is set up, if it is turned on, I am online. I guess the only way I could disconnect is to unplug the internet devices (one is a modem and the other is broadband--or something--I don't want to TOUCH them!) I hope this is not necessary.

Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

In order to resolve the issue please try the following steps:

-Update Mac

-Clear the browser cache

-In case you are using Netbarrier:

1. Open NetBarrier

2. Switch off the data-secure function and allow Roxio to show your last visit internet site

-Also make sure the firewall is not creating the issue

-You are directly connected to the internet

I don't think any of that is relevant to your situation. I think that is for people who are having trouble downloading the updater. What you have said is that you can mount the downloaded disc image, you can drag the Toast application from the disc image to your Applications folder, and when you launch the newly transferred Toast application you still get a message that you are running an earlier version.

You didn't say what version of Toast is reported in the Finder's Get Info window (click on Toast and choose Get Info from the File menu). Also, what version does Toast report in the top right corner of the Toast window (mine says 7.1.2). You'll also see the version by choosing "About Toast 7 Titatium..." in the Toast Titanium menu (to the left of the File menu) when Toast is open. From your description I keep thinking you do have the current version running.

No matter what I do either off or online, it still says 7.0.1. and keeps telling me 7.1.2 is available.

I've told you all there is. If you download the update and drag Toast from the mounted disc image that was downloaded then you have version 7.1.2 where you Toast copied from the disc image to your hard drive.

Mount the downloaded disc image. Tell me what you see and what you do next. After Toast copies from the image file to your Applications folder, click on the Toast application in the Finder and choose Get Info from the File menu. Does it report the version as 7.1.2?

Last time I got all hopeful as it said it was mounting the disk image, but when I got the two Toast 7.1.2 icons from the desktop to the Toast folder, nothing acted any different. How do I *know* it's mounted? Just from the image appearing on the desktop, or is it supposed to "do" something else?

By the way, I am running Mac OSX 10.4.9, and according to Software Update, my software is up to date.

All disconnecting the Broadband device did was screw up my phones. I get high speed internet and phone service both through the same cable. The internet came back but the phones did not. The phone service supplier had an outside problem, and we were without phones for half a day, and no closer to getting Toast 7 updated. As I said, I HATE to touch those devices! It always results in some sort of mess requiring help to fix!

Before following your instructions, should I throw away the 7.1.2 items I already downloaded, and start over?

Edited by coriscapnskip

Last time I got all hopeful as it said it was mounting the disk image, but when I got the two Toast 7.1.2 icons from the desktop to the Toast folder, nothing acted any different. How do I *know* it's mounted? Just from the image appearing on the desktop, or is it supposed to "do" something else?

By the way, I am running Mac OSX 10.4.9, and according to Software Update, my software is up to date.

All disconnecting the Broadband device did was screw up my phones. I get high speed internet and phone service both through the same cable. The internet came back but the phones did not. The phone service supplier had an outside problem, and we were without phones for half a day, and no closer to getting Toast 7 updated. As I said, I HATE to touch those devices! It always results in some sort of mess requiring help to fix!

Before following your instructions, should I throw away the 7.1.2 items I already downloaded, and start over?

The update you downloaded from Roxio has the name Toast in it and ends with .dmg. This identifies it as a disc image. At the time it was downloaded it should have mounted automatically. But you can mount it by double clicking on the file name. When it is mounted there will be a new item in the left-side list of your Finder window (beneath where Network and the name of your hard drive are shown. Click on that item. The Finder window now will show you the contents of the mounted disc image. There will be the Toast application and the opportunity to drag it to your Applications folder. When you drag it there a progress window will appear saying the file is being copied. When that's done you can open the newly copied Toast from inside the Applications folder. Toast will enter is set up screens. When you get to the one asking for registration info, that info should already be filled in so just keep going.

You can unmount the disk image by clicking the little triangle that appears next to it in the Finder window. It also will automatically unmount if you log off or restart.