• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

lotis12

invalid MPEG file with MYDVD ver.6.2.0

Question

I've been getting this error right after the program starts its burn...this is an invalid MPEG file-20400.

I've already made several DVDs successfully with the program without this error and the only thing different with this DVD is that I added an audio background to one of the movies. All the audio files I added are in mp3 format, which is a compatiable format correct?

I have a custom background on the menu which is a JPEG file and I also added a mp3 audio file to the menu.

So is it the audio files, the image file or what? I wish the error would tell you which file is invalid. But like I said, this is the first time I got the error and the only thing different is the added audio files and aren't MPEG files video files? Tired of making coasters, so I hope someone can help me out. :mellow:

8 answers to this question

To determine the problem assets you're going to have to do some testing.

What I'd like you to try is to remove all audio from the project, or at least the files you suspect to be the problem, and then go to File, Save as DVD Folder (Or Tools, Make DVD Folder depending on version). This will perform all the encoding and building steps right up until the software goes to burning the project. If your project will fail, it will fail saving the DVD folders.

By doing this you will narrow down exactly which files are causing the issue. If you find that it is the MP3 files then you should consider converting them to wav format. While MP3s are supported, MP3s can contain lots of information which can cause problems such as text info, picture info, and even data. WAV files are just the audio stream and can always be trusted.

Well I've tried saving the project as a DVD file like you suggested and while it's building the movies, the program errors out with the old "this program has experienced an error and must close". Is this the error that you mentioned or something else because it's not saving it like you said?

I deleted the mp3 audio files, received this error. Deleted the background image, received this error. Deleted some of the movies and still received the error.

Will keep messing with it like you said, but I'm at a lost to what's causing it. Thanks for the reply.

Me again....this time as I saved as a DVD file, the program got as far as writing files before it gave me the same message as when I go to burn "this is an invalid MPEG file-20400". It did however, save some files to the DVD folder to which I requested them to save to. IFO, VOB and BUP files are in a VTS folder as well as OpenDVD folder containing the DVD file.

So you said that the program would not save the files if it were going to error out, yet it did. So now I'm at a real lose. Any more suggestions? :unsure:

If the program doesn't delete any partially built volumes, simply delete them.

If you start a brand new project using one of the stock styles, then import your video, and build the project do you get the not a valid MPEG? Repeat for all your movies.

This will tell you which movies need to be reencoded or repaired. I recommend recapturing these files, encoding the source files with different settings, or reencoding the files themselves with an MPEG2 reencoding like TMPGenc.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did like you said, deleted one movie at a time and still kept getting the error. Sometimes even getting the "program has encountered a problem and must close" error. So I was totally unsure which movie clip file or even audio file was causing the errors.

Then, like you said, I deleted the entire project and started from scratch. Using the stock menu and building from there. Well, I still was getting both errors. But, somehow, this last time that I tried that I got a successful burn!! I've been using a rewriteable disc so as to not waste anymore discs. Will now be able to copy this copy.

So, that was just disc one of three and now we'll see how disc 2 goes. I really have no idea what caused all the problems. Could possibly have been something in my PC that wasn't right?

Hopefully disc 2 and all others there after go without a hitch. It's certainly been a frustrating learning process. Hope I won't be back on this thread looking for more answers. Thanks for everything Kevin :D

Well, I'm back again! I started the second disc and had the same errors. I did like you said and started with the stock style, imported one movie at a time and tried saving as a DVD file after importing each movie. Was working fine until I added other files to the 3rd movie (I have additional files added to another movie and it was fine with that one). So, like you said in the first suggestion, I deleted, one at a time, each additional file that I had added to the 3rd movie. Got the error after each one was removed. Then, I got back to the original file that the 3rd movie was created with and remember, this file alone was fine, but this time I got the "program has encountered a problem and must close" error. Now how come, before I added addtional files to this movie it was fine but after adding and then deleting the files from the movie the program itself errors out?

So I deleted that movie all together and reimported it back into the project and was fine again. So I imported the first additional file to that movie and received the error. So I deleted the additional file and tried to save the original file alone again, and again, received the "program has encountered an error and must close". Always seem to get that error when I delete back down to the original file. So, again, I delete this movie, reimport it back into the project and it's fine again. Then I try to add a different file (different from the first one I tried to add to it) and same thing, not a valid MPEG file. So, I decided to try adding that first "invalid" file to the project as it's own movie. Now I get the "program has encountered a problem and must close" error again, probably because the original movie was deleted down to it's original file, who knows!! So I delete that movie again and reimport it since it's always fine after I do that and then try a different file (originally added into 3rd movie) as it's own movie and I get the not a valid MPEG error. So I keep deleting these additional, now movies, one at a time and adding the next as it's own movie. I find that two of the five originally added to the 3rd movie won't work without errors so I recapture these two files and try with them as individual movies within the project. It all goes well. So these two files were bad, but why? Do I have to run trials everytime I add something to a project until they all come out right? What the...

Between the two different errors I'm getting I can't tell you how many times I've tried these projects!! And are the two errors related or two seperate issues? I was never having these issues before and now I can't ever seem to get a project to succeed. <_<

I've been getting this error right after the program starts its burn...this is an invalid MPEG file-20400.

I've already made several DVDs successfully with the program without this error and the only thing different with this DVD is that I added an audio background to one of the movies. All the audio files I added are in mp3 format, which is a compatiable format correct?

I have a custom background on the menu which is a JPEG file and I also added a mp3 audio file to the menu.

So is it the audio files, the image file or what? I wish the error would tell you which file is invalid. But like I said, this is the first time I got the error and the only thing different is the added audio files and aren't MPEG files video files? Tired of making coasters, so I hope someone can help me out. :mellow:

Is it possible that the mp3 is copyrighted somehow

:rolleyes:

Is it possible that the mp3 is copyrighted somehow

:rolleyes:

Hopefully this got resolved long ago; the o. poster doesn't appear to have logged into these forums since April '07.

Edited by Syrallas