• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

DJM

Wheres the Window to work With?

Question

I am trying to figure out where to pull up the window to work on making a DVD using MyDVD and Digital Media Home.

When I click on MyDVD, I get a big red "Icon" on the desktop. When I click on Digital Media Home, nothing comes up, but I know that it's running in the background, because my system resources amount changes and if I go into "Processes" in my task manager, I see two new files running after I click on those programs.

Does anyone have a clue why I can't get a window to work in?

4 answers to this question

I am trying to figure out where to pull up the window to work on making a DVD using MyDVD and Digital Media Home.

When I click on MyDVD, I get a big red "Icon" on the desktop. When I click on Digital Media Home, nothing comes up, but I know that it's running in the background, because my system resources amount changes and if I go into "Processes" in my task manager, I see two new files running after I click on those programs.

Does anyone have a clue why I can't get a window to work in?

What application/version/subversion are you using? What are your computer specs?

Would you describe this red icon as a small window popping up in the middle of the screen that is a red circle with a white x through it? If so, try the following

Go to your start menu and open "Run".

Next, copy and paste or type the following command into the Open window:

"REGSVR32 MSXML3.DLL" (w/out the quotes).

Next, you should receive a message about a file registering successfully. Attempt to launch the program again. If the same behavior exists, repeat this procedure with registering these DLLs in the same way:

MSDXMLC.DLL

MSXML.DLL

MSXML2.DLL

MSXML2R.DLL

MSXML3R.DLL

MSXMLR.DLL

If you've tried that and that is not the issue then you're having some sort of launching issue. If you haev the software, I'd suggest reinstalling

Thank you for replying so quickly. As I am very impatient when it comes to computers and I work until I'm blue sometimes, it turns out that the window wasn't coming up because I was having conflicts going on that would cause lockups in programs loading and running properly.

In answer to the one question, in case it happens to someone else someday. It was a red sonic Logo right in the middle of the desktop...about 1"X3".

Once we found the peripheal that was causing the trouble, not only will this program open, but so will other programs I've been having trouble getting to run.

Thank you for attempting at helping me.

DJM

Thank you for replying so quickly. As I am very impatient when it comes to computers and I work until I'm blue sometimes, it turns out that the window wasn't coming up because I was having conflicts going on that would cause lockups in programs loading and running properly.

In answer to the one question, in case it happens to someone else someday. It was a red sonic Logo right in the middle of the desktop...about 1"X3".

Once we found the peripheal that was causing the trouble, not only will this program open, but so will other programs I've been having trouble getting to run.

Thank you for attempting at helping me.

DJM

DJM,

What was the peripheral you were having trouble with? Posting here what the conflict was and how you resolved it would help others that may come here searching for help on a similar issue.