• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"media Manager"

roxnrolls

Question

Is there a means of setting how many entries will que up in "Recently used media"? I see about 5 to 7 of the media that I have recently edited but there are several more that I need to add to a DVD menu and consequently have to hunt down. Can I change the number somehow?

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley

I agree with Bruce. You can store it anywhere. I put all my files, video, pictures, production files, in one folder so that I don't accidentally delete something I need for a DVD. I usually set up the folder before I start a production and capture the video into that folder.

I would suggest that you are a true asset to this forum ROX if you have printed a lot of the previous posts that were made. I'm sure there will be many new posts that will have similar problems and you very well might have the answer for them. And after 2 years of making DVD's and checking in on this forum I also suggest that you are probably way ahead of many of the others that frequent this forum with their problems.

BTW, I have a suggestion to all the "GURUS". I am very curious to know what types of problems each of you have had with EMC (7, 7.5 or 8) and how you solved the problem. :):huh: .

Nice to have you involved rox.

Frank.........

Guest mlpasley
Is there a means of setting how many entries will que up in "Recently used media"? I see about 5 to 7 of the media that I have recently edited but there are several more that I need to add to a DVD menu and consequently have to hunt down. Can I change the number somehow?

Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do.

There are a couple of easy ways to keep track of where your project files are located. The first would be to set up a folder or a collection where you save all your projects. ( I prefer folders because they wouldn't be lost if something happens to EMC7)

The second would be to a Scan ( Media Manager\ Tools\ Scan for Media Files \ Scan Settings\ Projects\ All Roxio Project Files\ and select where to scan.

If that's not what you're looking for, please give more information.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do.

There are a couple of easy ways to keep track of where your project files are located. The first would be to set up a folder or a collection where you save all your projects. ( I prefer folders because they wouldn't be lost if something happens to EMC7)

The second would be to a Scan ( Media Manager\ Tools\ Scan for Media Files \ Scan Settings\ Projects\ All Roxio Project Files\ and select where to scan.

If that's not what you're looking for, please give more information.

You can assign what director the files go. It also does this by default. Check the options in each program.

You can go to media import and check under options to see where the fires are being directed.

You can assign what director the files go. It also does this by default. Check the options in each program.

You can go to media import and check under options to see where the fires are being directed.

Sorry this for Roxio 8. I see that I am in Roxio 7. Sorry

As is always the case, collectively you have really helped out again. I am only moderately confident in my DVD building but at least with your expert guidance I can succeed with a basic production. Over the last 2 years I have printed out and assembled quite a stock pile of these forum subjects. I'll tell you they are a treasure to me! I guess that is why I post less - I turn to the file and usually find what I need. I only wish that after 2 years I could be proficient enough to be a contributor to the forum. I read the forums every day at lunch and try to see if I can come up with the correct answers that you guys provide.

Now my problem is creativity. It would be nice if there was a forum section where folks could post small samples of creative ideas they use to make eye catching DVD's. For that matter, even a description of the technique would be nice for us non-creative types.

Thanks again for all the help!

Thanks.

Here is what I do:

Build a project (video clip with edits)

Then from the "File" pull down select "Save as..."

That opens a window (I'm not sure what "Media File" the window is but it is what ever EMC 7.1 has as default)

where upon I type a name for the DMSM file.

I do this for each "Title" that I intend to use to build a DVD.

Once all the individual DMSM are finished, I open DVD Builder

Then I select "Add Title" which opens a browser window

I have found that if I select "Recently used media" most (but not all) of the DMSM that I saved are there but not all of them.

I then have to go hunting around the "Collections" to find the rest of the DMSM.

It would be nice if I could arrange for more DMSM to be stored in the "Recently used media" collection but I don't know how to make that happen.

Now based on the response from ML - how do I store the DMSM in a file folder? Simply select the applicable folder when I open "Save as..."? Will DMSM store OK outside of Roxio?

Thanks again.

Guest mlpasley
OK. Thanks everyone. I don't know beans about computers and supposed that DMSM files were something that only EMC would recognize and then only if they were stored in a "Collection". From now on I will get better organized by doing as you suggested.

The first part is correct. A DMSM file is an editing file that can only be read by EMC. However, you can store it anywhere including a Collection.

This is kind of hard to explain, but a folder is Windows way of storing files and you can put your files into a separate Windows folder to make certain that you don't accidentally delete anything you need for the production.

However, you can still add anything in that folder into a Collection which is EMC Media Manager's way of keeping track of everything you need for a production. There's really no 'best way'. It's whatever fits your editing style.

Here is what I do:

That opens a window (I'm not sure what "Media File" the window is but it is what ever EMC 7.1 has as default)

I have found that if I select "Recently used media" most (but not all) of the DMSM that I saved are there but not all of them.

I then have to go hunting around the "Collections" to find the rest of the DMSM.

It would be nice if I could arrange for more DMSM to be stored in the "Recently used media" collection but I don't know how to make that happen.

Now based on the response from ML - how do I store the DMSM in a file folder? Simply select the applicable folder when I open "Save as..."? Will DMSM store OK outside of Roxio?

Thanks again.

You can store your dmsm file anywhere, I don't know what you mean by "outside of Roxio".

For each video project I create a separate folder and store all my source files including dmsm files there. I never use the Collections folder but always go to the "project" folder that I created.

Here is what I do:

Thanks again.

Create a folder somewhere on your hard drive. Then, as you correctly stated above, you browse to that folder when you click on Save As..

BTW, good to see you posting again, Rox.

Archived