Ecdc 5.1 Reinstall Problem

batman2424

Scenario: ECDC 5.1 came installed on my dell 8200. Purchased EMC 7.5 and installed after removing ECDC 5.1. Problems encountered with limited disk space, so uninstalled 7.5 and reinstalled ECDC 5.1 from CD supplied with Dell purchase. Now cannot get it to recognize drives or format a new disc. When I try to download software updates from Roxio or Dell I get "Update canceled. No valid Roxio product can be detected". How do I get back to my original configuration that worked??

Scenario: ECDC 5.1 came installed on my dell 8200. Purchased EMC 7.5 and installed after removing ECDC 5.1. Problems encountered with limited disk space, so uninstalled 7.5 and reinstalled ECDC 5.1 from CD supplied with Dell purchase. Now cannot get it to recognize drives or format a new disc. When I try to download software updates from Roxio or Dell I get "Update canceled. No valid Roxio product can be detected". How do I get back to my original configuration that worked??

Being as Dell supplied their (OEM) version of the Roxio software, contact Dell.

An OEM is usually a version that a large computer manufacturer buys and installs to sell preinstalled on their computer (sometimes they may add features that are only available in the full retail Roxio Platinum eddition) The computer buyer gets a copy of the preinstalled software in case they have to reinstall it on their computer. For example, if the files get corrupt or the hard drive has to be reformatted, that computer user needs a copy of the software to reinstall the software that came with the computer. OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer.

You might also try uninstalling (again), and then downloading the Roxizap (linked in the /\/\Frequent Answers /\/\ post at the top of this list) run that a time or two to make sure there aren't any remnants remaining in your system, and then try installing ECDC 5.1 again, as it sound like you have a disc that came with your machine.

Hope that helps!

Archived