• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burn AVI to DivX DVD

Lulamilu

Question

Sorry if my question seems dumb! I've been searching on these boards, and others for several hours now ... what can I say, I'm a noob!

I've been using EMC9 for a while now converting AVI files to DVD. It takes forever, and someone told me if I purchased a DivX compatible DVD player, I wouldn't have to convert the files. So, I just did that ... but it still seems to take forever to burn the disk.

Here's what I have done so far .... Using Disc Copier, created a new video compilation ... added the AVI file under "source", selected DivX format under destination and clicked burn. Disc copier then goes through and encodes to DivX. This seems to take as long as the conversion did to create a regular DVD.

Have I done something wrong? Is there some way to burn the AVI file directly to the disc without encoding and have it work on my new dvd player?

Thanks!!

1 answer to this question

Sorry if my question seems dumb! I've been searching on these boards, and others for several hours now ... what can I say, I'm a noob!

I've been using EMC9 for a while now converting AVI files to DVD. It takes forever, and someone told me if I purchased a DivX compatible DVD player, I wouldn't have to convert the files. So, I just did that ... but it still seems to take forever to burn the disk.

Here's what I have done so far .... Using Disc Copier, created a new video compilation ... added the AVI file under "source", selected DivX format under destination and clicked burn. Disc copier then goes through and encodes to DivX. This seems to take as long as the conversion did to create a regular DVD.

Have I done something wrong? Is there some way to burn the AVI file directly to the disc without encoding and have it work on my new dvd player?

Thanks!!

I purchased a divx player and all I need to do is copy the divx file using Creator Classic on a cd or dvd and burn it just like a data file. It plays fine on my player. Doing what you do is still converting the file which you don't need to do if you have a player to play divx or xvid files. Try it out.

Archived