• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

NEW HP N7760M VISTA READY AND ROXIO9

lobo

Question

I spend hours readings many post here to leed me to a solution.but I giveup no luck. Ihave hp m7760m vista ready 32b. brand new cpomputer very fast but whent I use videowave (work fine editing,split,adding ,etc) only render small sizes video o producion, the problem is when I editing bigger size video 30 minut over(they look nice on preview play fine) I CANT OUTPUT AS TO A NEW FILE(MPG2DVD QUALITE,MPG2 BEST,ETC.) ALL THE POBLEM WHEN THE MOVIE STAR RENDER NO PROGRESS PREVIEW BLACK and my computer freez I have to manualy turn it off . Description

Intel Core Duo E6400 Dual Core Processor

2GB PC2-4200 DDR2 Memory

Two 250GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drives

HP 16x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner

Intel GMA 950 Integrated Graphics

Intel HDA Audio with Stereo Speakers

Analog and Digital TV Tuner with Remote

v.92 56Kbps please any ideas what i need to do?

15 answers to this question

This could be a Vista issue or a DirectX 10 issue. Sonic/Roxio is in the process of getting the product certified for Vista by Microsoft and we have no idea when that patch will be released.

Finally, someone with an idea of the problem. I have the EXACT SAME COMPUTER with the same problem. It's not the Chipset, it's not the drivers. It is, IMHO, the interaction with EMC9, and DirectX 10. I WISH the "helpers" on this site would not SPECULATE about Vista UNLESS they are Vista users. Vista comes with DirectX 10 ... NOT DirectX 9!!!!!! I've read lots of spectulation about problems induced by 10 and I suspect this may be part of the problem.

Here's so more food for thought...when doing the Create a DVD with MYDVD (I've been a user since v5) and doing the edits (w/o transitions) in VideoWave, then going back and trying to BURN the DVD, the encoding hangs. If it were my hardware creating the problem, then I should be able to BURN anything through the EMC9 suite. Funny, I just used Rixio Disk Copier to take the SAME three video's, create a simple menu, and BURN it to a DVD with no problems (other than it's MUCH SLOWER THAN MOLASSAS IN A MINNESOTA WINTER).

Any opinions?

Sorry the Intel integrated graphics chipset is your problem. As suggested,, you can try updating the drivers, but most likely you need to get better video card. Integrated chipsets usually do not fully support DirectX 9 which is a requirement of this software.

Although this machine is labeled as 'Vista' ready, most likely you would not be able to use the new Aero interface with that chipset.

thank for help me ...I call HP they toll me my comp. has a video card and I look it on my system:

name:Intel®82945G express chiset family

intel corp.

chip type:Intel®82945G express chiset family

directx10

ok now I cant make roxio full working! here are my choices:

bring compt. back to store because is not full supporting roxio O

ask for my money back for roxio because the upgrade is too much for this compt.

BUT REMEMBER THIS IS A NEW COMPUTER WHO CAME WHIT ROXIO9 PRE INSTALLED

This could be a Vista issue or a DirectX 10 issue. Sonic/Roxio is in the process of getting the product certified for Vista by Microsoft and we have no idea when that patch will be released.

hello again sorry larry maybe u can decipher it? HP includes a trial version of EMC 9 on pcs delivered with this card that mean this COMPUTER IS READY TO TAKE OVER ROXIO 9...... make no sense to me to upgrade, o get better video card. IS THIS ROXIO O HP PROBLEM?

HP includes a trial version of EMC 9 on pcs delivered with this card that mean this COMPUTER IS READY TO TAKE OVER ROXIO 9.
What you have is NOT A CARD, but just a chip on the motherboard. These chips are CHEAPLY made and leave out most (if not all) of the 3D commands in DirectX 9. I didn't say it wouldn't work at all. Onboard video is great if you will never need 3D DirectX commands. Parts of EMC 9 does use DirectX extensively and these chipsets have been known to be the source of many display problems.

The choice is now yours.

I spend hours readings many post here to leed me to a solution.but I giveup no luck. Ihave hp m7760m vista ready 32b. brand new cpomputer very fast but whent I use videowave (work fine editing,split,adding ,etc) only render small sizes video o producion, the problem is when I editing bigger size video 30 minut over(they look nice on preview play fine) I CANT OUTPUT AS TO A NEW FILE(MPG2DVD QUALITE,MPG2 BEST,ETC.) ALL THE POBLEM WHEN THE MOVIE STAR RENDER NO PROGRESS PREVIEW BLACK and my computer freez I have to manualy turn it off . Description

2GB PC2-4200 DDR2 Memory

Man, that was tough to read. :angry2:

thank for help me ...I call HP they toll me my comp. has a video card and I look it on my system:

intel corp.

directx10

intel corp.

directx10

Your computer does not have a separate video card. CHIP means it is integrated into the motherboard and won't handle the resources in DirectX 9 that the software requires. You have a chip, so it is a problem with your computer.

You have a Trial version of EMC 9. You didn't pay anything for it, so there is no money to come back to you. :blink::blink::blink::blink:

2GB PC2-4200 DDR2 Memory

Fishing around for more information, I tripped upon an idea that will work for us. Rather than sit and have a useless hunk of software, try this out. Instead of rendering in hardware (the computer passed this test by the way), change to rendering to software. On MyDVD pull down Tool->Options and then click on software on the rendering option.

I took the SAME project that would hang, and with it set like this BANG it burned the DVD. I had three videoes taking up 4.67 GB of a 4.7 GB DVD and it burned them in 70 minutes (more than acceptable I think). So give it a try.

Fishing around for more information, I tripped upon an idea that will work for us. Rather than sit and have a useless hunk of software, try this out. Instead of rendering in hardware (the computer passed this test by the way), change to rendering to software. On MyDVD pull down Tool->Options and then click on software on the rendering option.

I took the SAME project that would hang, and with it set like this BANG it burned the DVD. I had three videoes taking up 4.67 GB of a 4.7 GB DVD and it burned them in 70 minutes (more than acceptable I think). So give it a try.

THANK MAX FINALY WORK FOR ME TOO I DID THE CHANGE TO SOFTWARE REALLY WORKS, THIS WAY. as u see WASN'T COMPUTER VIDEO CARD PROBLEM , very happy thank again for u advise ,thank roxio guys too.

THANK MAX FINALY WORK FOR ME TOO I DID THE CHANGE TO SOFTWARE REALLY WORKS, THIS WAY. as u see WASN'T COMPUTER VIDEO CARD PROBLEM , very happy thank again for u advise ,thank roxio guys too.
You just aren't understanding HOW Videowave/MyDvd works.

When set to hardware render, the GPU ON THE VIDEO CARD will be used to help render 3D transitions/effects.

When set to software render, Videowvae/MyDVD will only use the main processor to render video.

So what you are doing is telling the software NOT to use the video card's GPU to render video. So you can see that your statement is clearly false. Did you ever purchase a new video card or still using the video on your motherboard? The Intel®82945G express chipset does not fully support DirectX 9 and therefore SHOULD default to software render. If you forced it to hardware, then you would definitely have problems.

Archived