leithold

Will Backup My PC 6 run on Vista?

Question

Well, topic says it all. I get a warning message (... incompatible ...) when I try to install it. I wonder if I should give it a try.

Michael

14 answers to this question

Well, topic says it all. I get a warning message (... incompatible ...) when I try to install it. I wonder if I should give it a try.

Michael

I certainly would not. Even the Vista advisor from MS states it is not compatible. Unfortunately, there is not much out there right now that will run on Vista. Especially applications I currently run. One of the reasons I am staying as far away from it as possible.

Michael

No it is not Vista compatible.

Roxio has apparently included a Vista version of Backup My PC in Easy Media Creator 9. They don't respond to my support requests as to whether an upgrade for Vista will be available. Apparently they want to gouge us when we need to restore some of our backup files by charging us for all the stuff in EMC that I don't need!

Rather Irately,

Wayne Johnson

BUMP is not fully Vista compatible at this time. There is currently no "Vista version". It is likely that we will release an update, but we cant comment for sure on future releases.

Thanks, John. I think your company owes it to your BUMP customers to be able to restore old backups on their new Vista computers. I have dozens of DVDs of files archived using BUMP (mostly videos of my daughter backed up because I was out of hard disk space). Since getting my new Vista computer, they are lost forever! Shame!

BUMP is not fully Vista compatible at this time. There is currently no "Vista version". It is likely that we will release an update, but we cant comment for sure on future releases.

If there is no "Vista version", why did I just get an ad from Roxio saying that Creative 9 Suite contains Backup My PC and is Vista-ready?

First of all, please don't revive really old topics. Secondly, there is a patch available now.

Edited by TOTG

First of all, please don't revive really old topics. Secondly, there is a patch available now.

First of all, the subject is hardly old. Secondly, there is no patch on the website thank you very much.

If there is no "Vista version", why did I just get an ad from Roxio saying that Creative 9 Suite contains Backup My PC and is Vista-ready?

BUMP 7 in EMC 9 would work on Vista, however I don't think it would guarantee to restore the files you made with BUMP 6.

As already stated, different version. The version the OP requested about is V6 or BUMP 2006. The version added onto EMC 9 is V7. Apples and oranges.

My suggestion, DON'T USE IT. The design and flow structure of this program is just plain AWFUL. Do you trust Microsoft? I don't think so... You should instead carefully place a bottle of ketchup in your esophagus and watch a Somalian kid lick up a puked Big Mac than use this software.

My suggestion, DON'T USE IT. The design and flow structure of this program is just plain AWFUL. Do you trust Microsoft? I don't think so... You should instead carefully place a bottle of ketchup in your esophagus and watch a Somalian kid lick up a puked Big Mac than use this software.

:P You certainly have a way of using your imagination.