Crash of AnalogRec9

educos

Question

Hi,

Before writing this post I searched the forum for a similar error. I found many similar crashes with other program from Easy Media Creator 9, but not from Easy Audio Capture.

Well, before upgrading to EMC9, I could use the previous recorder and record as far as four hours without any problem. Now with de new version, I cannot record more than 3 hours. I got a crash, then a VC++ error about calling pure virtual method....sometimes it crashes even after recording 30 minutes....

After reading other topics, some (anti-microsoft ?) people say that all the crashes comes from IE7...well, I uninstalles IE7 and make again the test....and guess what....same problem happened.

NOW I CAN SAY THAT IE7 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DIFFERENT CRASHES !!!!!

But I can say something, I do not have 8 Go memory so I can understand that after 3 hours recording the analogrec9 program use more than 1,5 Go of memory....and crashes when it cannot allocate enough resources par its use. Do you thing that's good for a program not freeing ressources ????

A disappointed guy...

2 answers to this question

Hi,

Before writing this post I searched the forum for a similar error. I found many similar crashes with other program from Easy Media Creator 9, but not from Easy Audio Capture.

Well, before upgrading to EMC9, I could use the previous recorder and record as far as four hours without any problem. Now with de new version, I cannot record more than 3 hours. I got a crash, then a VC++ error about calling pure virtual method....sometimes it crashes even after recording 30 minutes....

After reading other topics, some (anti-microsoft ?) people say that all the crashes comes from IE7...well, I uninstalles IE7 and make again the test....and guess what....same problem happened.

NOW I CAN SAY THAT IE7 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DIFFERENT CRASHES !!!!!

But I can say something, I do not have 8 Go memory so I can understand that after 3 hours recording the analogrec9 program use more than 1,5 Go of memory....and crashes when it cannot allocate enough resources par its use. Do you thing that's good for a program not freeing ressources ????

A disappointed guy...

I'm having the exact same problem but can't even make it to 3 hours. My old Musicmatch software was far better than this turd!

Check the size of pagefile.sys in the System in control panel - set that to round 2.5 times your main system memory and see if that helps.

What happens sometimes is that the program tries to page to disk and if the pagefile is too small, it bombs out

Archived