Unable to audio zip file to sound editor

itsme51

Question

11 answers to this question

OK I right clicked and extracted. Got an audio file now that is an mp3. Tried to add to Sound Editor. No luck. Got a message I don't have a license to use the music. I downloaded from a website that was not a music website but the website had this song for listening. Guess there is no way to use this music.

Luckily, it is not a big favorite of mine so I won't miss it too much. Even though I can't access the music I did gain another bit of knoweldge from Roxio posters. My time is never wasted by posting in these forums. Thanks !

OK I right clicked and extracted. Got an audio file now that is an mp3. Tried to add to Sound Editor. No luck. Got a message I don't have a license to use the music. I downloaded from a website that was not a music website but the website had this song for listening. Guess there is no way to use this music.

Luckily, it is not a big favorite of mine so I won't miss it too much. Even though I can't access the music I did gain another bit of knoweldge from Roxio posters. My time is never wasted by posting in these forums. Thanks !

As CD said, DRM strikes again.

Good point - none of us asked OP if an attempt was made to unzip the file by doubleclicking on it ... :huh:

Lynn

Yes, I can open it and I can play it on my computer. I just can't load it into Sound Editor. Sound Editor won't recognize it. Thank you. Sorry I didn't supply this information earlier.

I downloaded a piece of music. It has the file extension .zip I cannot load it into Sound Editor. Is there a way I can convert a zip to a wma or wav so I can import it to Sound Editor?

Winzip.com

A zip file is a compressed file to save space and it needs to be 'unzipped' or uncompressed to use.

Archived