• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

latinlady

help!Captured & Edited & Burned through EMC 9 MyDVD, but VCD lookd very grainy and very very poor quality on DVD player,

Question

Hi All , hope you all had a good weekend!!! :lol:

I got my EMC 9 to work after downloading drivers but after I Captured & Edited & Burned through EMC 9 MyDVD, my burned VCD movie and it looks very grainy and very very poor quality on DVD player,didn't have this problem wi/ Mydvd 6

I noticed the problem is not with 3D transitions and effects. I started with AVI files that were captured from my Canon Elura 100 using a firewire connection. This was fine, even though in certain times as it was capturing the sound appeared jumpy. the problem I am having with with MyDVD from EMC 9 is the following: I import an AVI movie captured from my Canon Elura, create a menu screen for the VCD, Edit the movie file in MyDVD ( add background music to my menu screen, change background image on menu screen, split, trim, etc), then burn the project into a cd to create VCD. Then when I view (played) on DVD Player ( sony) to view oon TV ( Flat screen- toshiba) the resulting VCD has very very poor quality video for example person's silhouette shows up with ragged edges instead of smooth ones, house surfaces appear grainy, basically images , quality is not clear and crisp like when I did projects with MyDVD 6

With an earlier version of MyDVD ( 6) the whole process- capture, edit and burn resulted a VCD video crisp and clean when played back DVD player.

any suggestions on what could be going on or wrong and what should I do to correct this problem?

I did download lates to driver to my comp, has a MIRAGE 2 , hopefully rthe right one, gave me 2 options one for Windows XP Home version, and Windows XP 64 bit, not sure which one had to use so used the Windows XP home , not the 64 bit .

here are the specs

Aspire 5002WLMi (Turion 64 Mobile 1.6 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB HDD)

Processor AMD Turion 64 mobile technology ML-30 / 1.6 GHz

Data bus speed 1600 MHz

Processor features AMD64 technology,

Chipset type SiSM760GX

Cache MemoryType L2 cache

Cache size :1 MB

RAMInstalled Size 512 MB / 2 GB(max)

Technology DDR SDRAM - 333 MHz

Memory specification compliance PC2700

Storage ControllerStorage controller type :IDE

StorageFloppy Drive: None

Hard Drive :80 GB

DisplayDisplay Type 15 in TFT active matrix

Max Resolution 1024 x 768

Color support 24-bit (16.7 million colors)

Features CrystalBrite

VideoGraphics Processor / Vendor: SiSM760GX (MIRAGE 2)

AudioAudio output type Sound card

Audio output compliant standards DirectSound, Sound Blaster Pro

Input Device(s)Input device type Keyboard, Touchpad

TelecomModem Fax / modem

Max transfer rate 56 Kbps

Protocols & Specifications ITU V.92

Modem features Wake on Ring

NetworkingNetworking Network adapter

Networking / Wireless LAN Supported Yes

Data link protocol Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Fast Ethernet

Networking standards IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

Expansion / ConnectivityExpansion Slots Total (Free) 2 ( 0 ) x Memory - SO DIMM 200-pin, 1 ( 1 ) x CardBus - Type II

Interfaces 3 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 pin USB Type A, 1 x Audio - Line-in/microphone - Mini-phone mono 3.5 mm, 1 x Headphones / speakers - Line-out - Mini-phone mono 3.5 mm, 1 x Network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45, 1 x Modem - Phone line - RJ-11, 1 x Display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)

MiscellaneousFeatures Wake on LAN, Wake on ring

PowerPower device form factor External

Voltage Required AC 120/230 V

BatteryTechnology 8-cell Lithium ion

Installed Qty 1

Mfr estimated battery life 3 hour(s)

Operating System / SoftwareOS Provided Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Software type NTI CD-Maker, Acer eManager, Acer GridVista, Norton AntiVirus, Cyberlink PowerDVD, Acer Launch Manager, Adobe Acrobat

:huh:

11 answers to this question

VCD and SVCD are low quality. If you have a DVD burner, burn to a DVD, and see if the quality is good.

You will have to change the production to DVD in MyDVD to do this.

VCD and SVCD are low quality. If you have a DVD burner, burn to a DVD, and see if the quality is good.

You will have to change the production to DVD in MyDVD to do this.

I do not have a dvd burner, why did it burn fine with Mydvd 6? :huh: , i did not burn a dvd back then i burned a vcd as well

I do not have a dvd burner, why did it burn fine with Mydvd 6? :huh: , i did not burn a dvd back then i burned a vcd as well

I did a VCD project before and the project was burned on a CD. VCD uses CD disc, not DVD. Hopefully someone drops in to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by malatekid

Could well be because the old Sonic MyDVD 6 used a different rendering engine than the current product uses. Back when MyDVD 6 came out, VCD and SVCD were more common for use because home meade DVD's were still pretty new and expensive. Now, vcd and svcd are old formats and don;t have much support, especially in most of the newer players.

I did a VCD project before and the project was burned on a CD. VCD uses CD disc, not DVD. Hopefully someone drops in to correct me if I'm wrong.

She knows that, Jess. She was just telling me that she didn't have a DVD burner. She wasn't thinking about burning a VCD to a DVD. I had told her to change the project to DVD and burn to a DVD, if she had a DVD burner.

She knows that, Jess. She was just telling me that she didn't have a DVD burner. She wasn't thinking about burning a VCD to a DVD. I had told her to change the project to DVD and burn to a DVD, if she had a DVD burner.

SO ARE YOU ALL TELLING ME i NEED TO BUY A DVD BURNER?? ( EXTERNAL ) SINCE i HAVE a LAPTOP???

SO ARE YOU ALL TELLING ME i NEED TO BUY A DVD BURNER?? ( EXTERNAL ) SINCE i HAVE a LAPTOP???

I'm not TELLING you anything. It's your decision.

And, I don't really understand why you would yell at me, but so be it. Goodbye. ;)

Edited by grandpabruce

With an earlier version of MyDVD ( 6) the whole process- capture, edit and burn resulted a VCD video crisp and clean when played back DVD player.
SVCD would give a better image than VCD. As pointed out, these formats are not supported so much in newer DVD players since the price of burners and blanks have gone down. You can buy a DVD burner for under $40 just about anywhere.

Ok, thanks.

I'm not TELLING you anything. It's your decision.

And, I don't really understand why you would yell at me, but so be it. Goodbye. ;)

Grandpruce, you must have understood me and assume the wrong conclusion or intention of my reply, I am not and I was not yelling. I know you were not telling me either. The multiple question marks I placed on my replay, did not mean I was yelling, I don't like to be yelled therefore I do not yell ( I live by the golden rule - respect; treat others like you would like to be treated) So I hope you understand. :D

SVCD would give a better image than VCD. As pointed out, these formats are not supported so much in newer DVD players since the price of burners and blanks have gone down. You can buy a DVD burner for under $40 just about anywhere.

Do you have any recomendations on what might be a good quality and affordable dvd burner? any suggestions ? should I try to go back to Mydvd 6 version ( uninstall the emc 9 and purchase and reinstall My dvd 6.1 or my dvd 6.2? :D

Grandpruce, you must have understood me and assume the wrong conclusion or intention of my reply, I am not and I was not yelling. I know you were not telling me either. The multiple question marks I placed on my replay, did not mean I was yelling, I don't like to be yelled therefore I do not yell ( I live by the golden rule - respect; treat others like you would like to be treated) So I hope you understand. :D

Do you have any recomendations on what might be a good quality and affordable dvd burner? any suggestions ? should I try to go back to Mydvd 6 version ( uninstall the emc 9 and purchase and reinstall My dvd 6.1 or my dvd 6.2? :D

You should be able to install MyDVD 6 and have both on your pc. I do. Just do a custom install and only install the MyDVD stuff.

There are a lot of external brands of dvd burners out there. I use bot a Plextor and a LiteOn brand for example. You could do some online "window shopping" to get some ideas before going to your local store.

BTW, the "yelling" was brought up becuase you posted using all CAPS in the post Bruce replied to. On forums like this, that is considered as yelling. If that was not your intent, don't sweat it. :)

Edited by Larry