• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Reinstalling Version 9

Cold Steel

Question

I had Roxio Suite 9 installed on my Vista machine for about a week when it stopped working. I finally manually removed it (big mistake) and now I can't reinstall it again. It tells me it's already installed despite my removing the entire Roxio folder and the registry entries! To make matters worse, a registry cleaning utility that's made for Vista can't remove the now empty registry keys because I'm "denied permission." (And I'm the administrator.)

I also get error messages when I try to uninstall it. I've run all the .msi scripts. Nothing works.

How can I reinstall it? Anyone know?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

That did it. Thanks.

Now my installation won't recognize my serial number. I suspect that Roxio may make them time sensitive once they've been activated once. Either that or it's a very common glitch.

I've been very unhappy with this version. I think I'm going to go with Nero on future purchases.

That did it. Thanks.

Now my installation won't recognize my serial number. I suspect that Roxio may make them time sensitive once they've been activated once. Either that or it's a very common glitch.

I've been very unhappy with this version. I think I'm going to go with Nero on future purchases.

There was a patch released for problems like this but I honestly don't know if it is 100% successful or not. Before you give up, it might be worth the try.

(Snip)

That did it. Thanks.

Where have I heard that, before? :blink: Check the forums. There is a pinned solution.

Maybe it's the Vista.

Well, I realize that I probably should be asking Norton, but I've used the "Restore" feature to restore the file, then it's instantly put back in quarantine. Is there no way to flag it as okay?

The patch worked, by the way, on my other computer. Half way through the installation I was asked to insert the disk (which was already inserted). I had to cancel the installation, finally, move the content of the disk to my hard drive, then run it from there. That worked.

I guess version 9 is still a bit buggy. Does anyone know when an update will be available?

Roxio used to be a great, great company, but this is the first version that has plagued me to the point of wanting to use the disk for target practice. The tech support has, however, been pretty good.

Well, I realize that I probably should be asking Norton, but I've used the "Restore" feature to restore the file, then it's instantly put back in quarantine. Is there no way to flag it as okay?

The patch worked, by the way, on my other computer. Half way through the installation I was asked to insert the disk (which was already inserted). I had to cancel the installation, finally, move the content of the disk to my hard drive, then run it from there. That worked.

I guess version 9 is still a bit buggy. Does anyone know when an update will be available?

Roxio used to be a great, great company, but this is the first version that has plagued me to the point of wanting to use the disk for target practice. The tech support has, however, been pretty good.

Turn off automatic quarantine, and set it to ask me.

I had Roxio Suite 9 installed on my Vista machine for about a week when it stopped working. I finally manually removed it (big mistake) and now I can't reinstall it again. It tells me it's already installed despite my removing the entire Roxio folder and the registry entries! To make matters worse, a registry cleaning utility that's made for Vista can't remove the now empty registry keys because I'm "denied permission." (And I'm the administrator.)

I also get error messages when I try to uninstall it. I've run all the .msi scripts. Nothing works.

How can I reinstall it? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Have you tried the clean install instructions for Vista?

Thanks, I'll try the patch. Still, it can't be the Vista because the same thing's happened on my XP machine.

Added: Ooops, my Symantec Anti-Virus flagged the patch as a threat:

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan

Event: Threat Found!

Threat: Trojan Horse

File: C:\Documents and Settings\User 1\Local Settings\Temp\~~PDTEMP\emc9rmv.exe

Computer: VOYAGER

User: User 1

Action taken: Quarantine succeeded : Access denied

Date found: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 5:20:03 PM

Thanks, I'll try the patch. Still, it can't be the Vista because the same thing's happened on my XP machine.

Added: Ooops, my Symantec Anti-Virus flagged the patch as a threat:

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan

Event: Threat Found!

Threat: Trojan Horse

File: C:\Documents and Settings\User 1\Local Settings\Temp\~~PDTEMP\emc9rmv.exe

Computer: VOYAGER

User: User 1

Action taken: Quarantine succeeded : Access denied

Date found: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 5:20:03 PM

AVG did on 1 system for me but not the other. Not to worry, it's not a trojan!

Archived