• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Did Fresh Install - Now My CD Key Not Recognized

edaleks

Question

I have the same activation problems with the MPEG-2 module everyone here complains about. I tried the manual install with my modem off, but never got a dialog box that gave me that option. I then did a clean (un)install in accord with Document 000086CR on the Roxio Knowledgebase.

I just tried to reinstall EMC9, but now the install program will not recognize my CD Key. I could use some good advice.

Thanks,

Ed

7 answers to this question

I have the same activation problems with the MPEG-2 module everyone here complains about. I tried the manual install with my modem off, but never got a dialog box that gave me that option. I then did a clean (un)install in accord with Document 000086CR on the Roxio Knowledgebase.

I just tried to reinstall EMC9, but now the install program will not recognize my CD Key. I could use some good advice.

Thanks,

Ed

See this thread.

See this thread.

I had the same problem but when I tried to extract the files my Norton AV notifications went off and identified it as a Trojan. So I couln't use it. Sure I could turn off Norton but, right now, I'm so sick of Roxio and Sonic software that it might well BE a trojan. Who knows...I don't think they do! :angry:

Norton flags that as a Trojan because it's designed to make specific registry changes. This is a 'false positive' as it's actually MEANT to take out registry entries relating to Sonic/Roxio that cause the problem of the 'incorrect key'

You will have to disable Norton during the download and installation, then reactivate the AV

Norton flags that as a Trojan because it's designed to make specific registry changes. This is a 'false positive' as it's actually MEANT to take out registry entries relating to Sonic/Roxio that cause the problem of the 'incorrect key'

You will have to disable Norton during the download and installation, then reactivate the AV

OK, I have HAD it! I disabled Norton and loaded the patch so that the 'squeeky' clean install could proceed. After everything gets installed...no change...same problem with MPEG-2 activation: "No permission - Bad Installation"

Roxio has lost me as a customer. I won't be getting Creator 10 and I doubt if I'll keep Creator 9 installed at all. It is more trouble than it is worth.

I think it could be the Norton... what version of Norton do you have? Norton Anti-Virus 2007? or something else? have you tried to install in a new account?

I have Norton 2007 but, it doesn't reaqlly matter but I have decided not to re-install Roxio 9 at all. I have moved to a competitor's product which has given absolutely no problems interfering with other software on my machine or with the Vista operating system.

I'm done! B)

Archived