EMC9 / Catalyst

jayro

Question

Just purchased EMC9 - to install on a new computer with ATI Video and TV cards. The software to run the Video Card features and the TV function is Catalyst by ATI. When I attempt to install EMC9, it stops before it installs anything and states that it found the Catalyst software and needs to de-install it before it can complete it's own install. If I get rid of it, I'll no longer have use of my TV card and many of the video card functions. Anyone have any thoughts?

Jayro

5 answers to this question

I just built a new system and installed an ATI 650 PCI TV card. My first attempt, I let it uninstall CATALYST because the message implies that it's replacing an old version with a newer version....Wrong! After I installed Roxio, I couldn't get the Catalyst Media Center to properly work & the fresh registry started to get messed up with reloads. I bagged it all & started a fresh install of XP. On that second load, I opted to not install Roxio's Media Experience. I'm not sure what, if any, functionality will be lost but at least my TV card works.

I'll keep checking to see if they patch a fix.

Try letting it uninstall and then try re-installing it afterwards.

I've never installed catalyst myself but then I have separate TV and graphics cards

Mine are separate as well. Both are ATI - both came with their own version of Catalyst. I'll give it a try after a get nowhere with Roxio. Thanks. J

Try letting it uninstall and then try re-installing it afterwards.

I've never installed catalyst myself but then I have separate TV and graphics cards

Tried that - hangs at install of Catalyst (2 attempts). Apparently Catalyst Media Center and EMC9 aren't compatible. I seem to have stumped the Roxio tech support people as well. I am to check back in a couple of days after they have researched the issue. $149.00 down the drain or give up my TV card...

Archived