• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't import DVD audio

proudgranddad

Question

:( I record church services on a Sony DVD recorder on DVD+ disks which are finalized. I want to extract the audio on my Dell 4600 with a gig of ram running Windows XP. I want to make audio CDs for distribution.

I have read the manual, searched the BB and tried everything that I can think of including copying to disk, changing the extension to MPG (The properties dialog box shows the file name as Filename.mpg.VOB) and using different ways to load the audio -- all to no avail.

I have been using the audio capture function to play the DVD and record the audio but the quality is really bad -- very harsh in the highs and without the lows and takes a long time. Please help!

4 answers to this question

Windows has the known file extensions hidden by default, open a folder and select folder options and uncheck the box next to "hide known...". Now change that file extension to mpg. It should have no reference to VOB.

Open Music Disc Creator and select 'Import from CD/DVD". No need to have that vob file on your computer. If you have problems with the audio, put the file in Sound Editor and export is as a wav file. That should fix and problems.

:( I unchecked the "Hide known file extensions" box and sure enough I could then change the file extension to MPG. Then I changed the five VTS_01_?.VOB to VTS_01_?.MPG. The grayed out "Extract audio" button was no longer grayed out so I highlighted a VTS file and clicked on "Extract audio, then the "save" button. I then get a pop-up text box that says "The audio could not be extracted." What next?

:( I record church services on a Sony DVD recorder on DVD+ disks which are finalized. I want to extract the audio on my Dell 4600 with a gig of ram running Windows XP. I want to make audio CDs for distribution.

I have read the manual, searched the BB and tried everything that I can think of including copying to disk, changing the extension to MPG (The properties dialog box shows the file name as Filename.mpg.VOB) and using different ways to load the audio -- all to no avail.

I have been using the audio capture function to play the DVD and record the audio but the quality is really bad -- very harsh in the highs and without the lows and takes a long time. Please help!

Backspace out the .VOB, and it should work. It should read Filename.mpg with filename being whatever you have named it.

Windows has the known file extensions hidden by default, open a folder and select folder options and uncheck the box next to "hide known...". Now change that file extension to mpg. It should have no reference to VOB.

Open Music Disc Creator and select 'Import from CD/DVD". No need to have that vob file on your computer. If you have problems with the audio, put the file in Sound Editor and export is as a wav file. That should fix and problems.

I bought another program, "DVD Pean" to extract the audio and it works except that I get a lot of noise. It seems that it shouldn't be hard to get a noise free digital copy to edit. I am still using the audio capture from the sound card but would like to work from the digital audio. I bought the Media Creator 9 specificaly for this purpose but, so far, havn't had any luck.

Archived