Video audio

thumper

Question

Is there a way to edit the soundtrack of a captured video?

I have some great videos of the Cambridge (UK) Folk Festival and want to introduce some fades on selected tracks, so it fades out of one artist, visually and sound wise, and into another.

It might be that I need more pro. software than this I suppose.

3 answers to this question

Is there a way to edit the soundtrack of a captured video?

I have some great videos of the Cambridge (UK) Folk Festival and want to introduce some fades on selected tracks, so it fades out of one artist, visually and sound wise, and into another.

It might be that I need more pro. software than this I suppose.

In Videowave, switch to Timeline view. Make sure the Native track is shown. Select the audio, then click the speaker icon to do some quick editing (fade in/out, mute, volume adjustment). If you need to do more editing, just double click the audio to bring up the window sound editor.

In Videowave, switch to Timeline view. Make sure the Native track is shown. Select the audio, then click the speaker icon to do some quick editing (fade in/out, mute, volume adjustment). If you need to do more editing, just double click the audio to bring up the window sound editor.

Brilliant - thanks a lot. I'm very new to this so I'll probably be on here a lot for a while.

Actually, just thought of another. I want to record some old movies that I have on Vid. tape but they come out at around 6 gig - too big for the DVD disc. I know I can compress them with divx but would need a new dvd player to play them on. When I try to fit the file on the disc it, understandably, throws up either an error message or freezes at 97%. Should I give up on this project or is there another way around it?

Once again thanks for the help

Brilliant - thanks a lot. I'm very new to this so I'll probably be on here a lot for a while.

Actually, just thought of another. I want to record some old movies that I have on Vid. tape but they come out at around 6 gig - too big for the DVD disc. I know I can compress them with divx but would need a new dvd player to play them on. When I try to fit the file on the disc it, understandably, throws up either an error message or freezes at 97%. Should I give up on this project or is there another way around it?

Once again thanks for the help

You can get about 1 hour of video on a standard DVD; up to about slightly less than 2 hours at reduced quality. In MyDVD, go to the top menu and select tool>options> put the dot near software. Try again.

Suggestion, instead of burning directly to a DVD, create an ISO file (same location) when that finishes, copy the ISO file to the disc using Disc Copier.

Archived