• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Quick Time Movies How do I convert?

StephanieN

Question

My camera makes movies, but the only thing that will play them is Quick time. What would I use to convert them so I could put them on a DVD to view in any DVD player? I am so new to this and really would appreciate any information you could give! I have started a slide show of pictures with video wave and will attempt to follow directions found in these forums to put it on a DVD. I just cannot figure out how to do things with my movie clips with EMC9!

11 answers to this question

OK, they should at least play. Can you play the files in Quicktime on that laptop? If not, they are corrupted.

I doubt that any camera manufacturer would make an unsupported mov file. What brand of camera do you have?

You said that you thought that the movies were Quicktime. Do they have the Quicktime extension -mov?

How did you download the files from your camera? I do this all the time and only have problems with the audio because of the audio format in my camera.

New laptop? Make sure that you have updated the video drivers for your video chip. Vista or XP?

ok, i can play them on my laptop, just not in Videowave! When i open one in Videowave I get the message that it is either empty or contains invalid files. It is a Quicktime mov file....associated with Quicktime, opened by Quicktime. How do I get these put on disks to be played on DVD players? Is this possible? I have Vista. My camera is Kadak easy share...I just plug the card into the laptop, and I use a dock on my desktop then save them to disk.

I did a search about my Kodak CX7530 camera, and came to an old topic about this particular problem, seems it has been a problem to many! I thought I would post that through that forum, I learned about Video Cleaner by River Past, went to the site, DL the freeware, and it worked great, I went back and purchased the full DL to get rid of the little icon that the freeware puts in the converted file, and I really like it , I can now use videowave and MyDVD with my movie clips! However, I am using it on my Desktop, which has XP, I have not tried it again on my laptop with Vista, and will not try that until I get familiar with EMC9! Thank you all for your help! This is the first time I have ever posted questions about anything, and I am glad I did!!! You are all very helpful!

BTW...The quality is great using Video Cleaner, sound and video!

My camera makes movies, but the only thing that will play them is Quick time. What would I use to convert them so I could put them on a DVD to view in any DVD player? I am so new to this and really would appreciate any information you could give! I have started a slide show of pictures with video wave and will attempt to follow directions found in these forums to put it on a DVD. I just cannot figure out how to do things with my movie clips with EMC9!

Quicktime file is a supported video format in EMC9. Try to bring the movie clips in Videowave or MyDVD

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/DirectCD/00...R?set-locale=en

Quicktime file is a supported video format in EMC9. Try to bring the movie clips in Videowave or MyDVD

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/DirectCD/00...R?set-locale=en

I tried opening it in VIdeowave, and it said that it could not be opened. I have a new laptop, and maybe I do not have QuickTime on here. Could that be the reason? it is a .MOV file i think. If I can get this open, how do I convert the file? Thank you so much for your help!!!

ok, i can play them on my laptop, just not in Videowave! When i open one in Videowave I get the message that it is either empty or contains invalid files. It is a Quicktime mov file....associated with Quicktime, opened by Quicktime. How do I get these put on disks to be played on DVD players? Is this possible? I have Vista. My camera is Kadak easy share...I just plug the card into the laptop, and I use a dock on my desktop then save them to disk.

Perhaps that Kodak camera does have a unusual brand of Quicktime mov files. Did the camera come with any software that allows you to to edit the mov files? If so, perhaps you can use that to convert them to an mpg or avi file. Also read the pm that I'm about to send.

I tried opening it in VIdeowave, and it said that it could not be opened. I have a new laptop, and maybe I do not have QuickTime on here. Could that be the reason? it is a .MOV file i think. If I can get this open, how do I convert the file? Thank you so much for your help!!!

You need to download and install the latest version of QuickTime.

There does seem to be a problem with these - a quick search on Google pulled up this article - among other things, it suggests

"...After some web searching, owners of these cameras generally find that the best (only?) freeware solution to convert MOV to AVI is Bink and Smacker’s RADtools program...."

Ok, I installed the latest Quick Time and still cannot do anything in VideoWave... what I want to do is to convert all my movies so I can put them on a disk to view in any DVD player. I can add them to the production, but they will not play. I keep getting a message that it is either blank or not supported. When I click details, there is n othing there. HELP!

There does seem to be a problem with these - a quick search on Google pulled up this article - among other things, it suggests

"...After some web searching, owners of these cameras generally find that the best (only?) freeware solution to convert MOV to AVI is Bink and Smacker's RADtools program...."

Interesting, I have that audio problem using the mov files from my Minolta camera. I tried a lot of other video editing software to solve the issue. They all gave good video but ear shattering audio. I finally did find a piece of software that can create a usable AVI or mpg2 file with good sound. It was not free.

Where was this article when I need it? (sheepishly hides because I didn't google for it.)

Ok, I installed the latest Quick Time and still cannot do anything in VideoWave... what I want to do is to convert all my movies so I can put them on a disk to view in any DVD player. I can add them to the production, but they will not play. I keep getting a message that it is either blank or not supported. When I click details, there is n othing there. HELP!

OK, they should at least play. Can you play the files in Quicktime on that laptop? If not, they are corrupted.

I doubt that any camera manufacturer would make an unsupported mov file. What brand of camera do you have?

You said that you thought that the movies were Quicktime. Do they have the Quicktime extension -mov?

How did you download the files from your camera? I do this all the time and only have problems with the audio because of the audio format in my camera.

New laptop? Make sure that you have updated the video drivers for your video chip. Vista or XP?

Archived