• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

snowbored

CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista won't install

Question

I have a clean install of Vista Home Pro. I can not get CinePlayer DVD Decoder to install. It seems to go through the install, but it shows that I am still using the Microsoft decoder, and when I go remove CinePlayer to try installing again, it does not show up in the list of installed applicaitons :(

I also have the same problem, installed the new dvd decoder for vista, but vista use the MS decoder.

Mine won't even install. Everytime I run the installation, it pops up with an error stating that it can't run on this operating system. After talking with several people at Roxio and Sonic, they finally told me that I need to contact M$. They didn't even offer to refund me my money. Bottom line, if the product won't install or run on Vista, then don't call it CinePlayer DVD Decoder Pack for Vista.

-Cruce

what is the name of the installer file you downloaded? What version of Windows Vista do you have?

Same problem.

VISTA Enterprise. WMP11.

Downloaded CinePlayer DVD Decoder for 'Vista' - however, the application does not install correctly.

MPEG-2 decoder is not registered correctly. You cannot remove the software from ctrl-panel.

Quite disappointing, you would think this should have been tested before being linked to from Microsoft's website. I am not seeking help here, annoyed I did not read the forum reviews first. I have requested my money back - I should not have to spend a minute getting it working.

is it true that cine decoder is the same as MS decoder that came with Vista. Also you cant uninstall it, cause its not in add & remove program in control panel.

same issue here. 2 hours of my time trying to install this. They should do better than refund the purchase price, they should refund the value of my time.

frustrated w/ the lack of a documented solution when it's apparent others are running into the same issue.

Won't install properly. Spent hours. Of course, can't find a phone number for tech support. Very frustrating. Class action lawsuit seems to be in order here with all the other complaints.

Same problem here.

No trace of it being successfully installed.

I've got to say that I am surprised and disappointed that there is no response from Roxio on this thread.

I am (or was) considering upgrading to Vista as I can't get Cineplayer to run in XP. It keeps telling me that there is a missing or corrupted file. Furthermore, in other DVD sections of EMC9 the message is that the Mpeg-2 codec needs to be installed. I click on ok and then get the message "no permission or bad installation'. I have done everything suggested by Roxio such as a clean install which takes a lot of time and even downloaded the entire program again. Seems I have wasted my money buying EMC9 and will probably go back to Nero. At least they have always been helpful if I had a problem. As for Vista, I may have to have a re-think judging by the many problems others seem to have.

Fred V

what is the name of the installer file you downloaded? What version of Windows Vista do you have?

This is the most relevant post so far, yet no one has responded to it. We need some details if we are to troubelshoot.

The file I downloaded was: CP_DVDDecoder_10_100B04C_CPD

Version of Vista is Vista Business.

No trace of it after installatioin and if I run the file again, it says it is already installed.

Does not appear in WMP Tool Options or in Add/Remove Programs.

I have to use the Microsoft Install Clean-up utility to reinstall, but still nothing.

Edited by pmoose4744

Well same problem here. I use Vista Ultimate and downloaded CPDecoderPackv1.0.exe. Installs "fine" just after the installation no trace of the decoder. Just some files are installed in the program files.

I can't uninstall it since I can't find it in the software uninstall area. reinstalling won't work either.

I wonder If anyone has this running fine?

Well I wan't my money back too. Vista certified .. well sure..

I ran into the same problem 2nite. Purchased and downloaded CPDecoderPackV1.0.exe.

It looked like it installed, and had me reboot. But the decoder is not there, and I can't uninstall, and re-install attempts are blocked with the "already installed" message.

Vista Business, with UAC disabled. Don't know if that's relevant or not - but I've seen other applications not install right with UAC turned off.......

I ran into the same problem 2nite. Purchased and downloaded CPDecoderPackV1.0.exe.

It looked like it installed, and had me reboot. But the decoder is not there, and I can't uninstall, and re-install attempts are blocked with the "already installed" message.

Vista Business, with UAC disabled. Don't know if that's relevant or not - but I've seen other applications not install right with UAC turned off.......

Theres nothing that will show up. Just run your usual video player, put a DVD in the drive, and it should play.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. It's not there - not in the control Panel (add/remove programs), not in the list of available decoders in WMP and other Players, and not in the list of DirectShow filters in the Red Light Filter Manager.

It _did not_ install correctly. Same as for everyone that posted on this thread.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. It's not there - not in the control Panel (add/remove programs), not in the list of available decoders in WMP and other Players, and not in the list of DirectShow filters in the Red Light Filter Manager.

It _did not_ install correctly. Same as for everyone that posted on this thread.

Since I am currently at work and not able to test this, can someone try this out:

Downlaod and use the Windows Installer CleanUp Util v1.0. Then try installing the software again but place it first on the desktop and then execute it.

Thx.

Since I am currently at work and not able to test this, can someone try this out:

Downlaod and use the Windows Installer CleanUp Util v1.0. Then try installing the software again but place it first on the desktop and then execute it.

Thx.

Hi,

I tried your tip, but all I got was an additional error message claiming: a) that the Cineplayer doesn't support the operating system (i.e. Windows Vista), and B) that the products can't be used with the current configs.

Has anyone got any real support from Roxio. All I got was run of the mill tips telling me to re-install. Thnx alot ...

Edited by LAMY

This is the most relevant post so far, yet no one has responded to it. We need some details if we are to troubelshoot.

John,

I also, have the common error when I try to open My DVD from Roxio suite 9; "Must install mpeg-2 codec to continue" click ok get "no permission - bad installation". I thought installing Cineplayer DVD Decoder for windows Vista v. 1.0 ( CPDecoderPackv1.0.exe) might be the solution (since it listed said mpeg-2 codec). Still same problem.

I'm running Vista Home Premium on

Dell DXP061, Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 @ 2.4 GHz

2046 MB RAM

32 bit

Mike

mikesiant@bellsouth.net

Same things is happening here

Vista Ultimate

Just bought the decoder yerterday...

please help address this issue :(

I found a way to work around, but it is a real hassel. Open a video file and then" send to DVD". This will open My DVD w/o the error message. Is anybody out there from Roxio listening?????

mike

It won't install for me either. I'm running Windows Vista Business. I restarted my computer after it told me installation was complete and nothing! I ran this Tool from the media center expert, and it told me that the only thing installed was Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder and MPEG 1 audio decoder. Obviously since this thread has so many posts, there are still some major problems that need to be addressed with this software still. A moderator should forward this thread to the development team in charge of this software so they can attempt to address this issue. Also, program cannot be removed from control panel, you have to use the Windows Install Clean Up. The number of people who have viewed this thread is over 1200. This is why beta testing is done first. In the meantime, I guess I'm stuck with MediaPlayerClassic.

Edited by Allen123

I purchased the CinePlayer DVD decoder for Vista (CPDecoderPackv1.0.exe), and although it appears to complete the installation, when using the Vista decoder utility it reports that only the default MS decoder is available.

When I submitted a ticket with the above information, I was told that all support for this product was being supplied by Microsoft...

Edited by Weebz

I am (or was) considering upgrading to Vista as I can't get Cineplayer to run in XP. It keeps telling me that there is a missing or corrupted file. Furthermore, in other DVD sections of EMC9 the message is that the Mpeg-2 codec needs to be installed. I click on ok and then get the message "no permission or bad installation'. I have done everything suggested by Roxio such as a clean install which takes a lot of time and even downloaded the entire program again. Seems I have wasted my money buying EMC9 and will probably go back to Nero. At least they have always been helpful if I had a problem. As for Vista, I may have to have a re-think judging by the many problems others seem to have.

Fred V

I see only one post from you John. I should have looked into this forum before laying out my money for a product called Roxio Cineplayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista but, I probabgly wouldn't have looked under Other Applications>Sonic Applications> because it says Roxio. Why the hide?

I have Windows Vista Ultimate with all updates (US English no language packs installed) running on an Asus P5B Deluxe Motherboard, Plextor 716SA DVD Drives, 4 GB RAM, (32bit Windows so 3GB) and a BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC PCIe graphics card.

No excuse for this not to work. There is no control panel applet as described, there is no now playing plug in, there is no item in Programs and Features and there is no other record of it's existence other than the $17.99 CDN that was charged to my credit card. Oh, that is incorrect, if I try and rerun the installer CPDecoderPackv1.0.exe downloaded last night - the latest and greatest - it says:

"Roxio (surely it must be Sonic) CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista (Really?) is already installed.

To uninstall or repair this application, use "Add or Remove Programs" (Hmm... a vista product? - no such applet) in the Control Panel."

Yes the sarcasm drips heavy. Thoroughly disappointed at this "Recommended by Microsoft" product.

Vista ready? Let's see it work.

Peter

My Previous post was meant to quote this - my bad Fred, sorry.

Peter