cdanteek

WORLD’S SMALLEST AVCHD HIGH-DEFINITION CAMCORDER

More Press Release

SONY UNVEILS THE WORLD’S SMALLEST AVCHD HIGH-DEFINITION CAMCORDER

Three New Camcorders Record Full HD 1080 Video on Memory Stick Media, Hard Disk Drives

SAN DIEGO, April 25, 2007 —Sony is bolstering its lead in the high-definition camcorder arena with the introduction of AVCHD™ technology-based models.

"The new Handycam HDR-CX7 model is the world’s smallest and lightest AVCHD high-definition camcorder. It can record nearly three hours of full HD 1080 video on an 8-GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media card (LP mode). Weighing just 15 ounces with the supplied battery, it provides ultra-portability as well as a virtually crash-proof recording system, instant archiving to Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media (sold separately), and effortless connection to a PC via USB for editing and back-up."

"The new HDR-SR7 AVCHD high-definition camcorder can record more than 22 hours of full HD 1080 video on its built-in 60GB hard disk drive, while the HDR-SR5 model’s 40GB hard drive can hold more than 15 hours of footage (LP modes). In addition to long recording times, these two models offer compactness and Sony’s HDD Smart Protection™ system to safeguard against data loss as well as easy connection to PCs via USB."

“Camcorder users are quickly embracing non-linear camcorder formats, such as hard disk drive and flash media, because they make it easy for anyone to view and access footage quickly,” said Linda Vuolo, director of camcorder marketing at Sony Electronics. “Our models offer the added advantages of superior high-definition picture quality. With the widest range of consumer high-def models, we can satisfy the needs of virtually everyone.”

"Camcorder users are quickly embracing non-linear camcorder formats, such as hard disk drive and flash media, because they make it easy for anyone to view and access footage quickly," said Linda Vuolo, ...
But no mention of how difficult it is to edit the footage. I wonder why? LOL

But no mention of how difficult it is to edit the footage. I wonder why? LOL

Will that be a problem for EMC 10 on up? :blink::blink::blink:

cd B)

Guest ml

Do you know how small those Memory Stick Pro Duo cards are?

Think of 3 hours of video on a media smaller than a stick of gum. I have enough trouble keeping track of a mini DV tape.

I shudder to think how easy it will be to lose 3 hours of irreplaceable video. :(