• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Kirson

Building Blu Ray - Error Temp 4GB limit

Question

Hi,

I am trying to build my first big project about 19 gb in total. 5 titles and 3 menus.

Recently added some new titles and now I get the below error

DVDit Pro HD

Temporary file exceeds the maximum file size currently allowed on your temporary drive. to transfer files larfer than 4gb, please choose a hard drive formatted with the NY file system (NTFS) To learn how ..... consult windows help.

OK, all my drives are NTFS.

My temp folder sits on the same drive as my source files (One of those is 8GB). Tried restaritng and different temp drives same result. I press OK and back to DVDit Pro HD (After about 4 minutes transcoding etc)

Can someone advise why I am getting this error message and how to get around the problem ?

I have seen that this has been reported before I will try and set my temp to a non Raid drive. Most of my drives are Raid !

Any other ways around the problem.

Edited by Kirson

Guest ivanatrox

Kirson, PM me with your full name, e-mail address, date of purchase and serial number for your DVDIt! Pro HD

Edited by ivanatrox

I am getting the same error when trying to burn a Blu-ray disc with more than about 15 minutes 1440 x 1080 HDV content, ie. message:

Temporary file exceeds the maximum file size currently allowed on your temporary drive. to transfer files larger than 4gb, please choose a hard drive formatted with the NY file system (NTFS) To learn how ..... consult windows help.

OS is Windows XP, so all files are NTFS, and there is 120Gb available space on temp drive.

Guest ivanatrox
I am getting the same error when trying to burn a Blu-ray disc with more than about 15 minutes 1440 x 1080 HDV content, ie. message:

Temporary file exceeds the maximum file size currently allowed on your temporary drive. to transfer files larger than 4gb, please choose a hard drive formatted with the NY file system (NTFS) To learn how ..... consult windows help.

OS is Windows XP, so all files are NTFS, and there is 120Gb available space on temp drive.

same thing... PM me with your full name, e-mail address, date of purchase and serial number for your DVDIt! Pro HD then I will be able to help you

Ivan

Edited by ivanatrox

same thing... PM me with your full name, e-mail address, date of purchase and serial number for your DVDIt! Pro HD then I will be able to help you

Ivan

I found one of my files was not Blu Ray compliant and works a dream.

thanks for your help/

I am having the same 4GB limit problem. I am only trying to write a volume for a 9gb project. I have just started using DVDit HD and this is my first project to try to output. I have never had problems with file size before, as my temp drive is 250GB. Is there a fix??

Hi, I have the same problem. I'm trying to burn my first project...a mix of WMV & Mpeg2 files and I get the same message when I try to burn on a Blu-Ray Rewrite on my external drive.

It transcodes and builds a menu but then stops with the error, apparently at the burning process.

I have reformatted my external Hard drive as suggested and have over 200Gb of free memory.

I have also tried changing hard-drive destinations...but still the same message.

The disc/project has over 1gb spare...I've tried to record it to the hard-drive instead, but still no go!

I am using:

Compac Presario

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual

3800+ Core Processor

2GB RAM

Windows XP SP2

I've spent several nights trying to find a way out, but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere on any posts and there appear to be no patches.

I have spent a small fortune on the DVDit HD Pro software and I can't even burn my first project, very frustrating.

Can someone help?

Cheers.

Hi

I have this problem also, can someone let me know how to fix this?

All my HDs are formatted in NTFS, all files are in the same partition. Burning the same project in DVD is not a problem.

I have mailed to Roxio Germany, but there is no answer ( to this day).

thanks

Manfred

I have send all dates

I hope, you will be able to help me soon.

Best regards

Manfred

Edited by jokama

... same problem here on anthor PC too - I tried it on different stations....

No luck at all

Please help !

Thanks from Germany

av.

Guest ivanatrox

For anyone who encounter this error, please follow the steps below to get the issue resolved.

1. Register your DVDIt! Pro HD

2. Go to http://selfserve.roxio.com/ to submit a ticket

3. The ticket should be replied with the fix.

If your ticket number is not replied, you can PM me your ticket number.

Thanks

Ivan

For anyone who encounter this error, please follow the steps below to get the issue resolved.

Thanks

Ivan

this is my ticket-number: 509614

I have registered my proggie....

avmaniac

Hello, I like your products but frankly ROXIO IS NOT A SERIOUS COMPANY !!!

This NTFS bug was reported 04/24/2007, today is 01/12/2008 and no patch has been publicly available except on your forum ! Are you worrying about your customers who spent A FORTUNE to buy your software and reformated their hard drive because they thought they were faulty ?? And today they find out it's a know bug (know for months!) that hasn't been corrected ?

RoxioFan

We've kind of been over this. It is not a known bug unless it appears for everybody. I don't have this problem & a lot of others don't as well. So in some instances you need support because it is an isolated issue- OK.

Now who spent a fortune on this software? Even at the full $499US it is not a fortune for what it does, and at the moment it is what $299US? Just because it is a stretch for some people doesn't mean it is overpriced. Have you looked at what else is available and the price?

Hope you get sorted quickly anyway.

$500 is expensive for a lot of people. If not so many people reported this bug doesn't mean they don't have it. Maybe they thought their hardware was faulty, also bear in mind that not everybody edits 4+GB files.

BTW I couldn't log to http://selfserve.roxio.com to report the bug, it says :

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

If you need a beta-tester in order to solve the NTFS bug, I am yours, here is my configuration :

Windows Vista 32bits Premium, with all the bugfixes

Core2duo 3ghz

- Western Digital 500GB IDE drive formatted NTFS

- Western Digital 150GB SATA drive formatted NTFS

(none of the 3 drives allow 4+GB files on DVDit HD)

Edited by RoxioFan

2 days that I posted the message and you didn't reply ? No one works on week-ends ? Or are you angry because I said you were not a serious company ? So OK I apologize.

I just want you to help. I paid $500 for a software that doesn't work properly, it's my right to ask for a fix.

Please reply !

2 days that I posted the message and you didn't reply ? No one works on week-ends ? Or are you angry because I said you were not a serious company ? So OK I apologize.

I just want you to help. I paid $500 for a software that doesn't work properly, it's my right to ask for a fix.

Please reply !

I asked for a solution about eight months ago. They basically tell you to empty temp files and things like that. Nothing works. They even went as far as to have me re-install Windows. Nothing worked. Still doesn't work. Ya know what worked? I started to use Encore. That worked. Now I can successfully make Blu-ray disks.

Not to do any of the technical work for Roxio, but the problem is somehow linked to the size of our source files. Once they are over a certain size, you get the error. But what good is that. Bluray files are gonna be big. If they are not, why am I burning a blu-ray disk?

Edited by artgug

If you need a beta-tester in order to solve the NTFS bug, I am yours, here is my configuration :

Windows Vista 32bits Premium, with all the bugfixes

Core2duo 3ghz

- Western Digital 500GB IDE drive formatted NTFS

(none of the 3 drives allow 4+GB files on DVDit HD)

This was also discussed quite a few times in other threads. DVDIt! Pro HD is not currently supported on Windows Vista.

Roxio Team has just sent me the NTFS bugfix and now DVDit HD works like a charm (even though I'm on Windows Vista).

I've burnt 3 Blu-Ray disks so far - no pirated content of course but only personal videos with my gf - and I have to say that the encoding process takes a very very long time on my Core2duo 3ghz processor. But man, the result is amazing !!!! 1080P is to be seen to be believed ! B)

What I like best with DVDit HD is its extreme ease of use. Keep up the good work !

Thanks

Ivan

What does "PM me" mean? I have a ticket#560388 and no one has responded with a patch.

Can you e-mail me the patch? Rony@1beyond.com Thanks.

What does "PM me" mean? I have a ticket#560388 and no one has responded with a patch.

Can you e-mail me the patch? Rony@1beyond.com Thanks.

Private Message........click on a user's id, and send that user a message, it will only go to that person.

Were just fellow users like you and have no control over ticket #s from Roxio. You may get lucky and another fellow user may respond with the patch you need, just hang in there.

Edited by ogdens