• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ccattier

Dvd Quality

Question

I copy/burn a Video TS file through popcorn with the compression level at low and it says the video quality will be good, but when I go to play it in my DVD player the sound is perfect but the video freezes and then starts and then freezes. What can I do to prevent this and/or make the video quality GOOD! PLEASE HELP!!!

10 answers to this question

I copy/burn a Video TS file through popcorn with the compression level at low and it says the video quality will be good, but when I go to play it in my DVD player the sound is perfect but the video freezes and then starts and then freezes. What can I do to prevent this and/or make the video quality GOOD! PLEASE HELP!!!

Do you experience the same problem while playing this disc on a Computer? If so, I'd suggest trying to use a better brand of media.

Do you experience the same problem while playing this disc on a Computer? If so, I'd suggest trying to use a better brand of media.

What do you mean a better brand of media? Do you mean the blank DVD's because I am using memorex high quality DVD-RW 4.7. The only other thing I can think of is to try 8.4 DVD's? Does anyone have any ideas? I am getting very frusterated, and am considering returning my burner, as the only reason I bought it was to copy video TS files!?

ccattier -- have you solved this problem yet? One of my dvds is doing almost the same thing, but I get sound and a black screen, not the freezes. I'm using Fuji 4.7 dvds, not memorex. Only thing I could think of is I was trying to compress a 3hrs plus dvd and maybe it just compressed too much?? I still have the original saved on my G5 and it's fine -- sound and picture are perfect. Guess I should try the higher memory dvds... but let us know if you've solved the problem! Thx

hi all ! i've just purchased the download file of popcorn,and i'm also experiencing the same problems(dvd copy is freezing but sound is ok) i don't know what to do...i'm using tdk media disks,is that ok ?

hi all ! i've just purchased the download file of popcorn,and i'm also experiencing the same problems(dvd copy is freezing but sound is ok) i don't know what to do...i'm using tdk media disks,is that ok ?

Well, MacPals, I solved the problem! First the answer, then the process for any who are interested.

For the DVD I was attempting to back up, the 4.7 GB disks I was using were too small. I bought some of the (4 bucks + each) 8.5 GB double layer DVDs today and I have video!!

First thing I tried, per comments here, were (better quality?) Sony DVD+RW disks, though still 4.7 GB. Didn't work for the TV series disk I was attempting to back up, but they did work (as did the cheapo Fujis I used before) for a regular feature length movie I backed up the same day. So the problem wasn't the cheap disks, and it wasn't Popcorn, since I could save things of shorter length.

Second thing I considered was whether Mac the Ripper wasn't stripping all the security, but since I could watch the recorded DVD on my Mac, I didn't think that was it either.

Only thing I could think to change was the amount of memory on my DVDs, and turns out that was it. The only 8.5 GB disks I could find were Verbatim brand at OfficeMax, but so far so good. They were $12.99 for three disks. ccattier and spin_doctor80, give it a try....

Well, MacPals, I solved the problem! First the answer, then the process for any who are interested.

For the DVD I was attempting to back up, the 4.7 GB disks I was using were too small. I bought some of the (4 bucks + each) 8.5 GB double layer DVDs today and I have video!!

First thing I tried, per comments here, were (better quality?) Sony DVD+RW disks, though still 4.7 GB. Didn't work for the TV series disk I was attempting to back up, but they did work (as did the cheapo Fujis I used before) for a regular feature length movie I backed up the same day. So the problem wasn't the cheap disks, and it wasn't Popcorn, since I could save things of shorter length.

Second thing I considered was whether Mac the Ripper wasn't stripping all the security, but since I could watch the recorded DVD on my Mac, I didn't think that was it either.

Only thing I could think to change was the amount of memory on my DVDs, and turns out that was it. The only 8.5 GB disks I could find were Verbatim brand at OfficeMax, but so far so good. They were $12.99 for three disks. ccattier and spin_doctor80, give it a try....

oh great,i'll def try it out-thanks ! =D

Just a thought on a similar problem I encountered using home burnt discs, skipping, freezing etc.

In the end it turned out to be my DVD player was the problem, its a couple of years old now.

It looks like its error correction software or the drive read tolerance was too high so it wasn't too good at handling home burnt discs.

Upgrading my DVD Player sorted the problem wonderfully. If you've got a friend with a recent DVD player, try the bad discs on their player and see how they play.