• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Print Disc Label

BOILERMAKER

Question

When I use Print Disc Label, I am asked to Calibrate the printer. I follow the instructions but the printout does not have the outline of the disc and I therefore cannot complete the Report Test Letters. I am using Vista Ultimate. Could this be a printer driver problem or a Vista incompatibility problem with Roxio

12 answers to this question

During the alignment, the paper is printed twice... the first time it prints an arrow and the CD template. Does the arrow print? Or is the paper only going through once?

Yes the two arrows print, one each side of the page (portrait mode) along with a box, within which is "Insert this page back in the printer in this direction". I do as instructed and the next page prints a line of letters A to Q at th N, S, E & W positions But as I understand it there should also be a circle which represents the disc outline. Where the disc outline cuts through the letters has to be entered into the calibration boxes. This outline does not print and I therefore cannot enter the data in order to calibrate the printer. When I print a Disc Label the centre of the disc is incorrect.

Yes the two arrows print, one each side of the page (portrait mode) along with a box, within which is "Insert this page back in the printer in this direction". I do as instructed and the next page prints a line of letters A to Q at th N, S, E & W positions But as I understand it there should also be a circle which represents the disc outline. Where the disc outline cuts through the letters has to be entered into the calibration boxes. This outline does not print and I therefore cannot enter the data in order to calibrate the printer. When I print a Disc Label the centre of the disc is incorrect.

Go to Print, check the box to the left of Print Disc Outline.

Go to Print, check the box to the left of Print Disc Outline.

Thanks for your response. I did check this but the outline does not print. I have looked at the HP website and from what I have read they will not be developing a driver with full Vista functionality. Could this be another victim of our throw away culture. OK to print the odd letter but if you really want to exploit the full power of your computer, tough, buy another printer. If this is the case then it will not be an HP. This is a great pity as it is a great printer. Sorry to go on but I am sure that you understand.

Thanks for your response. I did check this but the outline does not print. I have looked at the HP website and from what I have read they will not be developing a driver with full Vista functionality. Could this be another victim of our throw away culture. OK to print the odd letter but if you really want to exploit the full power of your computer, tough, buy another printer. If this is the case then it will not be an HP. This is a great pity as it is a great printer. Sorry to go on but I am sure that you understand.

I would say it is a Vista thing. HP has been poor about developing drivers for any new OS. There were high printers, that HP said there would be no XP drivers developed for, when XP came out. Same thing with high end scanners.

I have said printer and scanner, plus other HP printers that do have XP drivers, although there is no bi-directional communication on one of the printers. (Business Injet 2280c).

I won't be upgrading to Vista, anytime soon.

I would say it is a Vista thing. HP has been poor about developing drivers for any new OS. There were high printers, that HP said there would be no XP drivers developed for, when XP came out. Same thing with high end scanners.

I have said printer and scanner, plus other HP printers that do have XP drivers, although there is no bi-directional communication on one of the printers. (Business Injet 2280c).

I won't be upgrading to Vista, anytime soon.

Yes the same thing with this printer, no bi-directional coms. Looks as though I will have to play around at the moment the allignment is about 5mm South East. Am trying to contct Roxio about this will inform if I make any progress.

In Lable Creator, when you tell it to print, there's a dialogue that comes with an option next to the "Calibrate" button for "Preferences." In there, you can adjust the "fine tuning" values for H orizontal and V ertical offsets.

Good luck!

Yes I did notice this but was unsure as to what it meant. Thanks for the tip, I will play around with a few adjustments. I have had an email from HP which tells me that there is no specific Vista driver for this printer. Roxio chat gave me some advise but none that i had not already tried. Advised re-downloading printer driver, did this but no joy. Thanks for all your time, I will let you know if I have success

Regards

Yes the same thing with this printer, no bi-directional coms. Looks as though I will have to play around at the moment the allignment is about 5mm South East. Am trying to contct Roxio about this will inform if I make any progress.

In Lable Creator, when you tell it to print, there's a dialogue that comes with an option next to the "Calibrate" button for "Preferences." In there, you can adjust the "fine tuning" values for H orizontal and V ertical offsets.

Good luck!

When I use Print Disc Label, I am asked to Calibrate the printer. I follow the instructions but the printout does not have the outline of the disc and I therefore cannot complete the Report Test Letters. I am using Vista Ultimate. Could this be a printer driver problem or a Vista incompatibility problem with Roxio

Thanks for your response. I checked out the printer settings and they are set for A4 which seems to be the default setting. I assume that you altered your printer driver using the Preferences button in the Print dialogue box.

Thanks for your response. I checked out the printer settings and they are set for A4 which seems to be the default setting. I assume that you altered your printer driver using the Preferences button in the Print dialogue box.

Yes, that would be how I changed the printer settings. (If you notice, there's a "reply" button below each message, click the one you want to reply to and it'll quote that particular message.) But, give us more details. What printer do you have? Are there specific Vista drivers for it? Do other applications print correctly on this printer? Does anything print when you do the alignment printout?

Yes, that would be how I changed the printer settings. (If you notice, there's a "reply" button below each message, click the one you want to reply to and it'll quote that particular message.) But, give us more details. What printer do you have? Are there specific Vista drivers for it? Do other applications print correctly on this printer? Does anything print when you do the alignment printout?

The printer is an HP Photosmart 7960, have checked the HP site for Vista updates as I understand it there is no specific one for this printer just a generic Deskjet driver is listed which I have downloaded. All other software seems to print OK. When I do the alignment printout, only the four strings of letters (Top, Bottom, Lefte & Right) print out but not the outline of the disc. I think that I may contact HP support with the problem also.

Does it have anything on it? My printer was only printing a quarter of a disc image until I realized that I had the printer driver set to default to 4"x6" paper. Once I changed the default to 8.5" x 11", it worked okay.

The printer is an HP Photosmart 7960, have checked the HP site for Vista updates as I understand it there is no specific one for this printer just a generic Deskjet driver is listed which I have downloaded. All other software seems to print OK. When I do the alignment printout, only the four strings of letters (Top, Bottom, Lefte & Right) print out but not the outline of the disc. I think that I may contact HP support with the problem also.

During the alignment, the paper is printed twice... the first time it prints an arrow and the CD template. Does the arrow print? Or is the paper only going through once?

Archived