• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Good Grief!

jdhenninger@earthlink.net

Question

Ok, I've started my second project in VW8.....NOW the brightness/contrast and the saturation all work great. However after importing several video files the crazy thing keeps bringing up an Error 80004005. I cannot fast forward, move to another part of the project, it wants to start at the VERY BEGINNING when I try to preview. It also won't allow me to play until I double click a segment, to edit internally, then go back to the tracks veiw.....I've not encountered software this buggy since Pagemaker 6.....anyone else encountering this?

I'm running Windows XP Media Edition SP2

HP Pavilion 200GB HD, 1 GIG RAM, Radion video card, Athlon 64 3400+ processor.

My last project had a whole different set of quirks (brightness contrast would only last 10 seconds when applied.....sound would put in another node whenever I tried to fade it out......)

12 answers to this question

I guess the question is, did you actually use the search function available, here, to look for that error? I got hits when I did, and so did jmcoleman.

Yes grandpa, I typed in my error message in the Roxio data base and got nothing....then I searched the error number in this forum and got my original message.

I installed the error 80004005 hotfix, and the null hotfix. I'm STILL getting an error window with nothing in it, I cannot play my video project from any point EXCEPT the very beginning, and I have to go to edit an internal track and back to all the tracks JUST to make the play button not be greyed out. Very strange, very quirky.

I guess I will just have to scrap this and start over completely. If it still gives me this much grief Adobe is on my horizon. I really like this software and the features. I just today discovered that it can chromakey! I spend my first project learning the basics and was ready to try some fancier stuff this time around...but the FUNCTIONALITY isn't there anymore :)

I have several clips. Each will play individually, but they only will play from the very start of the project when I try to view them with the transitions and such in place, not to mention when I first open the project the 'play' button is greyed out....I have to double click a clip to 'edit the internal track' then go back to the 'tracks' view to make it play at all.....I can't even fast forward to get to the point where I'm trying to edit. Then if I pause it....it will once again start at the VERY BEGINNING!!

I will start the project over from scratch tomorrow and see if the same thing occurs.

I'm assuming you have the EMC 8 (Full Version)

What doesn't make sense is items are greyed out. Some things are greyed out on pupose as per the disclaimer.

If I may ask, what internal track are you adding to?

Did you try removing the track and then putting it back and see what happends.

I'm assuming you have the EMC 8 (Full Version)

What doesn't make sense is items are greyed out. Some things are greyed out on pupose as per the disclaimer.

If I may ask, what internal track are you adding to?

Did you try removing the track and then putting it back and see what happends.

Yes, I'm running the full version (retail box) and have the update installed. The PLAY button has never been greyed out until this project. I did another project earlier and the brightness contrast would only work for the first 10 seconds of any clip. This time around (haven't used the program since 1st project) the brightness contrast works flawlessly...but the play button comes up grayed out until I edit internal tracks on ANY of the individual clips in the project. THEN and only then the play button is not greyed out when I veiw all the tracks at once....but the insertion point will only play from the VERY BEGINNING of the entire project....no matter where I place the insertion indicator it always goes back to the first clip, first of the project when I hit play. When I try to fast forward I get the error window with nothing in it except a button that says 'details'....when I click on it....I get a WHOLE paragraph window of NOTHING! The program behaves just the same after I close the window.....won't play except from the VERY BEGINNING of the first clip.....

Try to do a search with your error message. i'm sure you will find a number responses that my lead to a solution to your problem

The wonderful NON EXISTANT online help(less) of Roxio provided NOTHING on that error message. Now when I try to at a point other than the beginning of the WHOLE PROJECT it brings up the error window with NOTHING IN IT (not even an error #). I tried a search on these forums and got my original message.

You guys are IT as far as support for this product....I'm not paying for support that SHOULD be included with a software package.....should I just get used to the program behaving completely different from project to project? Like get used to starting from scratch when it just 'decides' to bugger up something I work on? Is this the best Roxio has to offer?

I've defragmented, cleaned the registry.....no avail. Would I be better off just scrapping this and moving on to Adobe Premier Elements?

I installed the hotfix located in the links from the pages you referred me to.

No dice. I still get the BLANK error....when I click on 'details' it brings up another blank screen.....

So basically I've got an error from the program that the program can't recognize?

I'm glad Roxio put so much effort in creating anti-mac icons though....those are helpful! (sorry for the sarcasm...just frustrated)

The wonderful NON EXISTANT online help(less) of Roxio provided NOTHING on that error message. Now when I try to at a point other than the beginning of the WHOLE PROJECT it brings up the error window with NOTHING IN IT (not even an error #). I tried a search on these forums and got my original message.

You guys are IT as far as support for this product....I'm not paying for support that SHOULD be included with a software package.....should I just get used to the program behaving completely different from project to project? Like get used to starting from scratch when it just 'decides' to bugger up something I work on? Is this the best Roxio has to offer?

I've defragmented, cleaned the registry.....no avail. Would I be better off just scrapping this and moving on to Adobe Premier Elements?

I guess the question is, did you actually use the search function available, here, to look for that error? I got hits when I did, and so did jmcoleman.

Archived