• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

80045208 - Error While Opening Project

crufflerdude

Question

I receive an error message when trying to burn a DVD - 80045208 - Error while Opening Project

I have successfully burned one DVD (using MyDVD) on my first try, two days ago. Yesterday I tried to make another DVD (different video clips but didn't change any settings) but this error popped up when I clicked the "burn" button. I also tried to open the same project that I successfully burned the prior day but get the same error when it comes time to burn.

I'm running Windows XP Professional.

Thank you,

Ralph

10 answers to this question

Just an FYI to anyone with this error message. I was able to burn an ISO file, uncheck the "burn to disc" option, and save it on my hard drive. After the encoding was completed I was able to double click on the ISO file that I created and used "Disk Copier" to copy the ISO file to the DVD. This method is a little bit "round-a-bout" but it works.

Thank you sknis for the information.

You are welcome

Just an FYI to anyone with this error message. I was able to burn an ISO file, uncheck the "burn to disc" option, and save it on my hard drive. After the encoding was completed I was able to double click on the ISO file that I created and used "Disk Copier" to copy the ISO file to the DVD. This method is a little bit "round-a-bout" but it works.

Thank you skins for the information.

Actually, this is the best practice to get a finished DVD to play on more DVD players. In the long run, there is both a saving of aggravation and time. :)

Try Start a brand new project, add a few titles, or edit the background, etc. Save it. Close MyDVD & Open it again.

You can also try opening the file from Windows Explorer; from where you saved it.

Let me know your results. :)

Tried it both ways. Same results as before "80045208 - Error while Opening Project"

EDIT - I just tried saving as an .ISO file with "burn to disk" turned off. I goes right to the encoding screen, so it's working that way. Can I just drag and drop that completed .ISO file to my DVD burner and have the same results? I don't want to spend a few hours encoding the project in .ISO format if it won't end up as a viewable DVD.

Tried it both ways. Same results as before "80045208 - Error while Opening Project"

EDIT - I just tried saving as an .ISO file with "burn to disk" turned off. I goes right to the encoding screen, so it's working that way. Can I just drag and drop that completed .ISO file to my DVD burner and have the same results? I don't want to spend a few hours encoding the project in .ISO format if it won't end up as a viewable DVD.

Do not use drag and drop for this !

Once the iso file completes, navigate to it and double click. Disc copier will open. Copy the iso file to the disc. That is actually the preferred methond of burning to a disc. It works on more players but no one can answer exactly why (other than to speparate the rendering and creation of the from the burning. The iso file is an exact image of what the disc will have on it.

Drag 2 disc uses a packet writing program that is good for short term transfer and saving of files.

Archived