• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

kitykity

Mdi Files To Jpg Files

Question

Hi there! I'm trying to figure out if there is an easy way to make contact sheets... you can print them out to your printer, or you can use Microsoft Document Imaging to "print" the contact sheets to a file... then open them with MDI viewer... then save them as single-page TIFs... then convert them to jpg's... is there a simpler process to get a contact sheet into JPG format? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Susan

9 answers to this question

Has anyone had a chance to look at this topic yet? I'd really appreciate any help someone could offer... or, if there is a better program out there for printing contact sheets, I'd like that as well!

Has anyone had a chance to look at this topic yet? I'd really appreciate any help someone could offer... or, if there is a better program out there for printing contact sheets, I'd like that as well!

Actually, for printing contact sheets, the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer works just fine. I open a folder with many photos in it, double click on the first photo, click on the printer icon, click on Select All, click Next, then scroll down and click on Contact Sheets.

This isn't exactly what you want, because I don't think you can select a Print to File when the Printer selection comes up, but you can print to PaperPort, if you have that. You can then convert the contact sheet to a jpeg file.

Edited by grandpabruce

So... where is the Windows Fax and Viewer located? Don't laugh! :)

I am not sure. LOLLOL! All that I do is open one of my digital camera picture folders, double click on the first photo, and it fills the entire screen. You then click on the printer icon, and the screen below comes up. Click on select all, then next......

post-81-1140709950.jpg

Edited by grandpabruce

I'm pretty sure that if you go to an explorer window,go to tools,folder options,file types,then highlight the file type,at the bottom of the box you can change the default program that opens that files type.One of the choices should be the Picture and Fax Viewer.How you get at it directly I'm not sure.

I discovered another one, in case anyone is reading this thread:

http://www.irfanview.com

open irfanview, and hit the T key, which opens the thumbnail viewer. Then, go to a directory, select a bunch of pictures, and under File select "create contact sheet from selected thumbs." It's got TONS of options, and will either print the sheets or save them as .jpg files!

Now if only Roxio had something like this... :)

I discovered another one, in case anyone is reading this thread:

http://www.irfanview.com

open irfanview, and hit the T key, which opens the thumbnail viewer. Then, go to a directory, select a bunch of pictures, and under File select "create contact sheet from selected thumbs." It's got TONS of options, and will either print the sheets or save them as .jpg files!

Now if only Roxio had something like this... :)

I have use Irfanview, but not for a few years. I just used it to view .swf files. Thanks for the heads up on the contact sheet option.