• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

R6030 Error Loading Emulated Drive

bvipirate

Question

8 answers to this question

R6030 is actually a MS .NET error

Check here

"... This page is specific to

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005/.NET Framework 2.0..."

No disrespect intended, but guys, I can Google, too. I already found the two instances that were posted in the replies.

I have the latest .NET Framework 2.0 installed - it came with Visual Studio 2005, which is on my machine.

This is a new machine. I installed EC9 before VS 2005 and had the problem. I removed EC9, then installed VS 2005, then reinstalled EC9. Still had the problem.

I am not looking for things that you can find with Google. I am looking for real answers from people that really know what's going on.

It appears to me that the Roxio Disc Image Loader was built with VS 2005, but was built incorrectly.

Does anyone at Roxio have an answer???

Guys, I can Google, too. I already found the two instances that were posted in the replies.

I have the latest .NET Framework 2.0 installed - it came with Visual Studio 2005, which is on my machine.

This is a new machine. I installed EC9 before VS 2005 and had the problem. I removed EC9, then installed VS 2005, then reinstalled EC9. Still had the problem.

I am not looking for things that you can find with Google. I am looking for real answers from people that really know what's going on.

It appears to me that the Roxio Disc Image Loader was built with VS 2005, but was built incorrectly.

Does anyone at Roxio have an answer???

We aren't Roxio. Perhaps you may want to contact them directly.

Actually you're about the only post that I've seen that mentions the problem, which makes me suspect it's more of a one-off than a programming error.

Obviously something is messing up in the VS scripting, but it really has to be on your machine (otherwise we'd be flooded with posts about it).

Have you done the .NET updates? After all, VS2005 is a bit old now (considering 2007 is well out with .NET 3 - I got a free trial copy of that at the MS launch of Vista back in December). It's possible that there is a clash between the .NET framework that is included with EMC9 and the one with VS. I agree, there shouldn't BE a clash but it's worth checking

Problem solved.

It was a problem with Visual Studio. I had not yet installed the VS 2005 SP1 update, which contained .NET 2.0 updates.

This morning I installed it (VS80sp1-KB926601-X86-ENU.exe) and I can now mount an image as an emulated drive.

Glad it's working for you - btw, I typoed on my last post - on checking it was VS 2005 that I got in Dublin in December (including a beta version of .NET 3)

Moral - never answer posts until after at least the third coffee in the morning :lol:

Archived