• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

position of text layers compared to object overlays

kdeslaur

Question

I've been playing with this for about four hours now and I know it's probably some easy fix that I'm just not seeing. I'm making a video montage in VideoWave. I have recently upgraded from 8 to 9 and I don't remember this being an issue with EMC8. Basically, I have a photo, then a .png file as an overlay photo that I've added motion to, and then text. My problem is that the text layer is being put between the photo and the overlay picture and I need the text to be on top (i.e. not covered by the .png graphic at any time). I've tried dropping and dragging. I've tried adding text layers in different orders with the overlays. Do I have any control over how deep or shallow in the field that my text ends up?

1 answer to this question

I've been playing with this for about four hours now and I know it's probably some easy fix that I'm just not seeing. I'm making a video montage in VideoWave. I have recently upgraded from 8 to 9 and I don't remember this being an issue with EMC8. Basically, I have a photo, then a .png file as an overlay photo that I've added motion to, and then text. My problem is that the text layer is being put between the photo and the overlay picture and I need the text to be on top (i.e. not covered by the .png graphic at any time). I've tried dropping and dragging. I've tried adding text layers in different orders with the overlays. Do I have any control over how deep or shallow in the field that my text ends up?

Nope. You just have to position that text to be outside of that overlay.

Archived