Labelflash Full Support

bobby3

Question

Hi, I have a Nec 4551 with Labelflash support. Using Express Labeler and Label Creator of EMC9 I can burn a label on a labelflash disc only at the top face not also at the bottom face. With Nec 4451 Labelflash and Nero 7 a friend of mine can write T@2 also on the bottom face in the blank space of all recordable dvd. I using EMC9 cannot find a function to do it. Can someone help me? THANK YOU

8 answers to this question

That seems to have very limited support overall. This from Wikipedia

"...Nero 7.0.28 and newer versions support this technology, but only with OEM versions bundled with LabelFlash-capable recorders and with Nero 7 Premium. For reasons that are not entirely clear, North American purchasers of Nero 7 (Ultra Edition) are not entitled to LabelFlash or DiscT@2 support, even though the exact same software sold to European customers (Nero 7 Premium) includes both LabelFlash and DiscT@2 functionality. The only difference between Nero 7 Premium and Nero 7 Ultra Edition appears to be the inclusion of (or lack of, respectively) support for LabelFlash and DiscT@2..."

Wikipedia

Everything you and Wikipedia said is out of date and wrong!

I have it installed, Nero 7 Ultra Edition ENHANCED - Update

Current version: 7.8.5.0.

Page 18 from the help file.

7.1.2 LabelFlash document type

If you have a LabelFlash™ recorder, you can print the label and/or data side of a LabelFlash

™ DVD with Nero CoverDesigner. A LabelFlash™ DVD has a special layer between

the top and bottom layers; this layer can be heated by the laser in the recorder so that images

and text can be printed on the DVD.

This function is only available with a LabelFlash™ recorder.

The following element can be designed with Nero CoverDesigner:

Symbol Cover Element

Disk

Download - Nero 7 Ultra Edition ENHANCED - Update

Current version: 7.8.5.0

Release Date: March 20th, 2007

Filesize: 175,63 MB (184.168.776 bytes

cd

Hey - I didn't say it - they did

But the point is still that it is supported by Nero and Roxio is NOT mentioned (which is the original question)

This Roxio product seems to support it.

Roxio Copy & Convert™ 3

New! LabelFlash support

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/copyconv...d/features.html

cd

In Easy Media Creator 9 there is the labelflash support

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/...res.html#backup

but I don't understand how can I write a label on the bottom side of a dvd. I'd like to know if this function quite not exist in Easy Media Creator or it's me that I haven't found the way in the suite to do it (I succeed to write labels only on the top side of dvd). Thanks.

In Easy Media Creator 9 there is the labelflash support

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/...res.html#backup

but I don't understand how can I write a label on the bottom side of a dvd. I'd like to know if this function quite not exist in Easy Media Creator or it's me that I haven't found the way in the suite to do it (I succeed to write labels only on the top side of dvd). Thanks.

?????

Data or videos on the Bottom (or clear side); Labels on the top (or colored side) - where the manufacturer's lable usually is with either Lightscribe or Lableflash discs and the proper burner. Once you burn your information as usual, turn the disc over and do your labeling with that program and that special disc if you have a lightscribe or lableflash enabled burner.

sknis,

I don't own a Labelflash Drive. In EMC 9 Label Creator help I see no reference to label flash. Only "Burning labels onto discs using LightScribe". I have a LightScribe Drive.

Are you saying EMC 9 supports label flash?

cd

sknis,

I don't own a Labelflash Drive. In EMC 9 Label Creator help I see no reference to label flash. Only "Burning labels onto discs using LightScribe". I have a LightScribe Drive.

Are you saying EMC 9 supports label flash?

cd

If you believe the literature :rolleyes: I don't have a Labelflash drive so I don't know for sure. Sales and Marketing wouldn't exaggerate would they? When you go to the literature, go to the "backup" tab and read the lower right box.

Anyone with one of those drives want to chime in here?

Archived