Best Way To Uninstall Emc 7.5

cliving2

Question

I want to install EMC 8. What's the best action steps for removing EMC 7?

I used Windows' Add/Remove feature the last time I removed EMC 7 but it resulted in pop up windows with error messges. Is there a better way to remove EMC 7?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

This is a great discussion group!

5 answers to this question

The best option is not to uninstall V7. V8 and V7 can co-exist on the computer at the same time except for drag to disc. I believe that V8 doesn't install that if it is already installed. If you have the space and V7 is working properly keep both. There are some things in V7 that seem to be better than those in V8. If you have an older computer with a old video card or on-board chip, some video work will be better in V7. For example, if you do a lot of pan and zoom, the function in VideoWave 7 seems to be better than the one in V8. Both work but IMHO, the one in V7 is easier to use.

I'm told that Windows has an new version of unstaller that will remove all of V7. Go to their web site. It may remove Office (or parts of it) so you may have to reinstall it. Use it carefully.

I used Windows' Add/Remove feature the last time I removed EMC 7 but it resulted in pop up windows with error messges. Is there a better way to remove EMC 7?

EMC 7 doesn't work on my PC. That's why I want to remove it and install EMC 8. I will look for the latest Windows Uninstaller.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Caution - if V7 doesn't work on your computer, I can almost guarantee you that V8 won't. V8 will not fix computer problems. You need to completely uninstall V7 and then reinstall and get that working first. It will be easier to trouble shoot something that you are familiar with rather than a "new" program where all the issues have yet to be worked out. :) What are your problems with V7?

EMC 7 doesn't work on my PC. That's why I want to remove it and install EMC 8. I will look for the latest Windows Uninstaller. Thank you for your suggestion.

Caution - if V7 doesn't work on your computer, I can almost guarantee you that V8 won't. V8 will not fix computer problems. You need to completely uninstall V7 and then reinstall and get that working first. It will be easier to trouble shoot something that you are familiar with rather than a "new" program where all the issues have yet to be worked out. :) What are your problems with V7?

Use windows install clean up

Archived