victor99

Photo Suite Email Photographs

Question

Have tried to email photos using the linkage but have only brought up an Outlook Express message window that is headed "No Subject Unicode (UTF-8)". Am unable to select an address to send photos from my Address Book. Clicking on Subject just creates a noise and no action. I have,therefore,no linkage between Photo Suite and Outlook Express. In this context pages 201/202 of Roxio Easy media Creator 8 for Dummies is a joke, viz

"PhotoSuite also makes it easy to email your edited photos to friends and family. All you have to do is follow these steps:" If only it were true.

Can anyone help?

1TeSS5

13 answers to this question

Have tried to email photos using the linkage but have only brought up an Outlook Express message window that is headed "No Subject Unicode (UTF-8)". Am unable to select an address to send photos from my Address Book. Clicking on Subject just creates a noise and no action. I have,therefore,no linkage between Photo Suite and Outlook Express. In this context pages 201/202 of Roxio Easy media Creator 8 for Dummies is a joke, viz

"PhotoSuite also makes it easy to email your edited photos to friends and family. All you have to do is follow these steps:" If only it were true.

Can anyone help?

1TeSS5

How about if you hard-code the recipient's name?

This is an EMC 8 Suite? There is a posted update for retail boxed version (not applicable for downloaded version). If applicable, have you updated your version?

I hope it's not a nonconformity in EMC8 as the email assistant works fine in EMC9. :(

Edited by malatekid

How about if you hard-code the recipient's name?

This is an EMC 8 Suite? There is a posted update for retail boxed version (not applicable for downloaded version). If applicable, have you updated your version?

I hope it's not a nonconformity in EMC8 as the email assistant works fine in EMC9. :(

Thanks your help. I have updated and still have the same result so it is back to the drawing board! How do I hard code the recipients name?

Thanks your help. I have updated and still have the same result so it is back to the drawing board! How do I hard code the recipients name?

Sorry to hear that.

Instead of pulling the name off the address book, just type the recipient's name.

Sorry to hear that.

Instead of pulling the name off the address book, just type the recipient's name.

Thanks. I have selected an address entry from address book and pressed enter, this does not work as the program does not respond. Have also typed the name in address book but this does not respond. The Outlook Express screen has FROM: Sender Unspecified. TO: no name SUBJECT : (no subject). Clicking onto either of these 3 fields does not effect any change since the cursor is there but does not respond either to attempts to type or deletion of characters by backspace delete. Looks like a referral to Roxio with a slender hope of help other than the habitual uninstall and reinstall! Thanks your interest and help. 1TeSS5

This is an issue with Outlook Express. A fix that worked for me for this issue is found at

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918766

Outlook Express isn't opening the saved .eml file we create properly.

Thanks your note. Immediately went to Microsoft site and found KB918766 ( this change had not been picked up by regular visits to the Microsoft Update site verified by my update history. Clicked on Download as ordered and got a file onto my desktop, clicked Run and the Windows Installation Wizard went through the process and told me that an update had been made. Checked the Microsoft update history only to find that there was no record of an update. An icon is on my Desktop. Went to ROXIO Photosuite and clicked Email Assistant and tried the process described in my email to Roxio Support. The same inability to make a connection has occured and there is no chance of my being able to send photos by email. Quite where I go from here I do not know as both elements of Microsoft and Roxio are quite incompatible.

You may have been successful in your download update but I cannot see where I have gone wrong, if indeed I have. Any help on a step by step basis would be useful. My system is subjected to a weekly Check Disc and Norton virus scans and updates are regularly updated from Microsoft on a regular basis.

If you can help I should be pleased to hear from you.

1TeSS5

Without opening PhotoSuite, are you able to send email with picture attachment in Outlook Express? Unless a resolution comes up, you have to do emailing of pictures this way.

What is the name of the new icon that appears on your desktop? If it put an item on your desktop, it may have just downloaded the update, and not installed it.

Keep in mind, according to Microsoft's article, you do have to edit the Registry to enable the Hotfix. If you have not edited the Registry following the instructions Microsoft has provided, the Hotfix likely will not work.

As always, Back up the Registry before doing any editing, and be careful. Making incorrect changes to the registry can prevent your computer from starting properly, and is done at your own risk.

Edited by willatrox

What is the name of the new icon that appears on your desktop? If it put an item on your desktop, it may have just downloaded the update, and not installed it.

Keep in mind, according to Microsoft's article, you do have to edit the Registry to enable the Hotfix. If you have not edited the Registry following the instructions Microsoft has provided, the Hotfix likely will not work.

As always, Back up the Registry before doing any editing, and be careful. Making incorrect changes to the registry can prevent your computer from starting properly, and is done at your own risk.

Reply: Clicking on icon shows WindowsXP-KB918766-v2x86-ENU. The whole thing sounds like a major problem and perhaps not worth the effort given the implications of inexperienced meddling.

Regards,

1TeSS5

Another thing you can try is unchecking the Format as HTML option. The photos would then be sent as normal attachments.

Sorry about delay in replying but I have been away. Your tip works, many thanks.

1TeSS5