• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error 1607

roshge

Question

3 answers to this question

Roxio EMC 7.5 successfully installed, after taking several steps, but I believe that it was mostly successful after I disabled Norton Personal Firewall and Norton Anti-Virus 2005 and turned off SBC DSL modem [the only three background programs or devices that I had open].

Steps taken: [1] Downloaded and ran Windows Installer Clean Up Utility, as suggested here. There were no Roxio or related programs installed. [2] Opened Registry Editor, as suggested here. Found HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Roxio/Applications/Napster [only application listed, both under Applications and Music]. This entry stated that this program was under c:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Napster. However, I could not find this directory using Windows Explorer or the Search tool. Left the Registry entries untouched. [3] Ran again Windows Installer Clean Up Utility and still no Roxio or Napster installation. [4] Turned off computer and waited some time to turn back on. [5] Closed or disabled all background programs [including both Norton programs] and turned off SBC DSL modem. [6] Restarted Roxio EMC 7.5 installation [using install.exe, rather than setup.exe]. The installation process started and progressed OK, although a little slow at times. [7] Only problem was the registration process. It kept on saying that my user ID and password was assigned and it would not let me progress. I closed it and logged in online and registered my Roxio EMC 7.5 [8] Roxio works fine !!!

Thanks for all the tips !!!

Victor

I received the same 1607 error while attempting to install Roxio EMC 7.5 a second time after the first installation froze about 50% through the process.

My Dell computer meets all required and recommended Roxio installation requirements. Never had problems installing Roxio 5, 6 or even 7.5 in a prior crashed Maxtor HDD [not a Roxio problem]. Now I am reinstalling all my programs in my back-up Hitachi HDD.

Victor

Archived