• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Printing Labels vs Version 6

bullitt

Question

Maybe I'm missing something but I've been forced to use Label Creator from version 6 when burning my Audio CD's. With version 6, all I had to do was click on add disc contents and all songs were added to the label and were printed in 2 columns around center hub, simple and quick. It appears that this is no longer a feature in EMC9 and now you have to spend alot of time formatting to get the tracks lined up and printable.

Using version 6 seems to be alot easier for basic labels unless I'm missing something. I'd really like to be able to use EMC9 for labels because I just bought a Lightscribe Burner and would like to burn track list on labels using lightscribe, is this possible?

Any help is appreciated.

11 answers to this question

Jean,

I appreciate your efforts and help, will Lightscribe print the tracks when editing is complete in this fashion?

I just don't understand how or why they decided to take something that was almost automatic v.6 and turn it into a major time consuming project.

I don't have Lightscribe, but I don't see why not, it's no different from other labels. It should print exactly what you see. It certainly does on my deskjet printer. I suggest print on plain paper first, to make sure everything is OK.

I never had v 6 so can't comment on differences. I had not made the disc label (shown above) before posting, I made it to show you what is possible. It took me all of 5 minutes.. I don't think that's all that long, although I admit I would normally take longer to place things just so, rather than the rough and ready version you see (I just noticed that the right hand box on the disc is too short and the last track name is hidden :-)).

The alternative to copying the track list as described would be to add a text box. But then you'd have to type in the track names manually, which would take a lot longer.

I don't have Lightscribe, but I don't see why not, it's no different from other labels. It should print exactly what you see. It certainly does on my deskjet printer.

I never had v 6 so can't comment on differences. I had not made the disc label (shown above) before posting, I made it to show you what is possible. It took me all of 5 minutes.. I don't think that's all that long.

I never got version 6 up and running, but was it the first version with the dynamic drive detection system? If not, it may not recognize newer drives.

I never got version 6 up and running, but was it the first version with the dynamic drive detection system? If not, it may not recognize newer drives.

Not sure how your reply relates to the bit of mine you quote :-). Bullitt was asking how to do it in v 9, which is what I've shown, as a workaround for v 6's feature that he's missing in 9. Presumably he has both v 6 and 9.

Not sure how your reply relates to the bit of mine you quote :-). Bullitt was asking how to do it in v 9, which is what I've shown, as a workaround for v 6's feature that he's missing in 9. Presumably he has both v 6 and 9.

Oops. I was thinking more on terms of LightScribe being recognized in Version 6. Senior moment, :)

will Lightscribe print the tracks when editing is complete in this fashion?
Lightscribe will burn anything you can put on the label - text or graphics. Just don't choose the Lightscribe 'template' as it only has one or two lines of text. Just use any of the other styles.

You can burn any type label with Lightscribe - text or graphics. However, the 2 column thing was gone in V7 or V8.

OK, so how do you print a label with version 9 that lists all your cd audio tracks? And is there a way to use lightscribe w Label Creaor Version 6?

It is rather fiddly, but if you copy/paste the track list and suitably edit the copy you can get more tracks listed.

Size the original list to show the top set of tracks only.

In the copy, do not number the tracks. Then you can edit the text in the copy without affecting the original track list. Delete the top set of tracks that will show in the first (original) list (the tracks are separated by two squares). Manually add the track numbers to the remaing tracks.

I don't normally make the CD labels, only the jewel case inserts, but it works the same for the disc (except that there is less room, especially if the track names are long). In this case, I made two copies of the track list, moved the original out of the way, and edited the track titles to shorten some of them without affecting the track list on the back page.

See pics attached

post-112-1179330785.png

post-112-1179330817.png

post-112-1179334400.png

It is rather fiddly, but if you copy/paste the track list and suitably edit the copy you can get more tracks listed.

Size the original list to show the top set of tracks only.

In the copy, do not number the tracks. Then you can edit the text in the copy without affecting the original track list. Delete the top set of tracks that will show in the first (original) list (the tracks are separated by two squares). Manually add the track numbers to the remaing tracks.

I don't normally make the CD labels, only the jewel case inserts, but it works the same for the disc (except that there is less room, especially if the track names are long). In this case, I made two copies of the track list, moved the original out of the way, and edited the track titles to shorten some of them without affecting the track list on the back page.

See pics attached

Jean,

I appreciate your efforts and help, will Lightscribe print the tracks when editing is complete in this fashion?

I just don't understand how or why they decided to take something that was almost automatic v.6 and turn it into a major time consuming project.

Jean,

Some programs don't get better. Label Creator is one of them, but can you burn to LightScribe in version 6? Rhetorical question.

Archived