• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

EBB

Playback of CD R

Question

Have Vista - ECDC 9 Suite Deluxe

Can burn cd and it plays back in computer, however, will not play back in CD player.

I can take this disc to my other computer which has XP and ECDC 5, copy the disc to another

blank disc and finalize it with ECDC 5 and the new disc plays in all cd players.

I do not see any "finalize disc" function in ECDC 9

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Have Vista - ECDC 9 Suite Deluxe

Can burn cd and it plays back in computer, however, will not play back in CD player.

I can take this disc to my other computer which has XP and ECDC 5, copy the disc to another

blank disc and finalize it with ECDC 5 and the new disc plays in all cd players.

I do not see any "finalize disc" function in ECDC 9

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Exactly how did you burn this cd? As an audio cd or data? In order for it to be played in cd players other than computers, it needs to be an audio cd. Use Music Disc Creator and select audio disc for the easiest way to make a cd.

Exactly how did you burn this cd? As an audio cd or data? In order for it to be played in cd players other than computers, it needs to be an audio cd. Use Music Disc Creator and select audio disc for the easiest way to make a cd.

One Disc was burned with Music Disc Creator. It was a pre recorded disc copied to hard drive and

then burned to audio disc. Another disc was burned with Music CD creator LP to Disc.

Same results, plays in both computers but will not play in cd player. But both will play if the burned

disc is redone with ECDC 5 and finalized

Thanks for your time

EBB

It sounds as if the disc is not being closed at the end of the burning session.

Try it this way - instead of burning directly to the CD, burn to an image file on the hard drive and open that with disc copier - that should automatically finalise the disc. It has the advantage btw of allowing you to make additional copies without having to redo the whole thing

It sounds as if the disc is not being closed at the end of the burning session.

Try it this way - instead of burning directly to the CD, burn to an image file on the hard drive and open that with disc copier - that should automatically finalise the disc. It has the advantage btw of allowing you to make additional copies without having to redo the whole thing

I appreciate the suggestions from everyone. Acutally, everything was done in the manner suggested.

I have discovered something interesting. I took the various CD's I burned with ECDC 9 (which would

not play on my 3 CD players unless I redid them with ECDC 5) to an audio store last night.

I played them in two different brands and they worked. I am begining to think the culprit here may not be

the program but the age of the CD players. The CD players are over 6 years old and may not be

able to read the way ECDC 9 writes to the disc. Since ECDC 5 is also 5 years or so old it may write

differently which allows the players to read. Who knows, but I find it interesting

Thanks for everyone time.

EBB

Now that can happen (and throw you off)

Perhaps you could try a lens cleaner on the CD players - who knows, it might just help

I appreciate the suggestions from everyone. Acutally, everything was done in the manner suggested.

I have discovered something interesting. I took the various CD's I burned with ECDC 9 (which would

not play on my 3 CD players unless I redid them with ECDC 5) to an audio store last night.

I played them in two different brands and they worked. I am begining to think the culprit here may not be

the program but the age of the CD players. The CD players are over 6 years old and may not be

able to read the way ECDC 9 writes to the disc. Since ECDC 5 is also 5 years or so old it may write

differently which allows the players to read. Who knows, but I find it interesting

Thanks for everyone time.

EBB

Actually, the standard for Audio CDs hasn't changed, and EMC9 should be writing the discs the same as ECDC 5. I would suggest a writer/media/reader incompatibility. Are you using the same discs between the EMC9 and ECDC 5 systems? What brand? Are they CD-R and not CD-RW discs? What speed are they being written at on the two systems? Have you checked for new drive firmware on your Vista system? (A new system is entirely likely to come with a drive that has outdated firmware on it.) You may want to try getting a few discs of a few different brands and see if that makes any difference in their readability on your players. You may also want to try slowing down the write speed on your new system, some people have reported that that helps.

Let us know how you make out.