Sign in to follow this  
mattinkansascity

Disc Burning

Question

Scott,

You seem to be the guy everyone asks questions of so I will do my best to keep it short.

I am working on an Adobe Premier Matrox system. i have installed the Sond BWU-100a and DVD it Pro HD.

I followed all instructions found in this forum to create my Blu Ray menu based disc. I exported content from Final Cut via Compressor with the aforementioned .m2v settings. I also had a client provide me with a rendering as a .m2v via Premier. Both are 1920 * 1080 with settings describe in forum as usable (no re-compressing) files.

I can import them into my project without warnings of transcoding etc. I have a simple menu with two buttons that is a .psd with an overlay (setup as described in help). When I try and author my Sony BD-R ver 1.1. disc I see the following chain of events:

1.Burning :

transcoding Audio

transcoding video

importing video

adding video

creating links

writing the image file

and then then it ejects the disc and says that my disc burn was succesful.

I then insert it into a Samsung BDP 1000 with original firmware (purchased based on recomendations made in the forum) and it never plays. It only ejects the disc. I have burned three frisbees now and need help.

My questions:

why does it say transcoding if i have already supplied a proper .m2v HD file.

Why does it say succesful if it is not.

Thank you for any help...

7 answers to this question

no,

none of the discs seem to have information actually written on them.

however, the title of the disc appears in the computer browser window and if i try to write a disc again with one of these discs it tells me that i must insert new media...

matt, can't say why your video files are transcoding. Only thing I can think of is that maybe your audio is longer than your video and the program is transcoding the video to extend it to the audio length. Or perhaps your "transcode all legal files" setting is selected?

On the playback, are you sure you are using version 1.0 of the Samsung firmware? Those units have not shipped with 1.0 in about 5 months. There were some people over in the AVS or Blu-ray forums who had the 1.0 firmware. Anyway, I would take a trip over to Best Buy and I would try those discs in the Sony, Panasonic or Pioneer or the PS3(if you downloaded the PS3 patch before you burned your discs) or in Power DVD BD before assuming nothing is written to them. You might also try to output an ISO image to your hard drive and then go into the Burn Disc dialog and choose to burn from that ISO image...if it shows that the burner is working to burn a disc, it is burning a disc... lastly, burn to BD-RE first for now...it's cheaper in the long run at this nascent time in the technology.

Scott

Thanks for all of the answers guys.

I built an ISO file and am on my way to purchase a BD-RE to do further testing.

Do you know how I check the firmware version on my Samsung BDP1000?

When I load the BD-R into my PC the name of the disc is BD ROM and on the disk is 490 mb worth of files separated to three folders:

AACS

BDMV and

CERTIFICATE

Does this help show where I am going wrong?

How big is the ISO? Do you have a program that can mount it? If so, try mounting it and playing it on your computer, and see if it contains everything it should.

so then something is written to the disc. 490 mb sounds like a pretty small 1920x1080 project though. How long is your video and at what transcoding settings in the HD Transcoding tab?

Scott

I have a similar problem. DVDit Pro HD goes thru the process of getting ready to make the image file before it burns to bluray, but it never gets there. No error message. No nothing. It just acts like it did what it was supposed to. The video file started on a mac, with the m2v settings. If I cut the video to 1 minute, then bring it into DVDit everything works. If I use the entire hour of video, that is when nothing of value happens.

Does the program create a log file? I'm at a lost on what to do.