• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

surfwerth

overlapping chapters

Question

I just bought a Compaq SR5050NX with Vista w/ Media Creator 9 to edit a video. I created my 1st production. I manually created chapters and attached "menu buttons". When I tried to burn the project, I got a warning "Buttons are overlapping on the Menu". I choose the "Burn Anyway" tab. I then get a Dialogue box that says "Media Creator 9 has encountered a problem and must close" Are these problems related?

PS: I did noticed when I previewed the production I could start at the beginning of each chapter(w/menu button) but it would continue to the end of the production and not stop at the next chapter?? How do you designated the end of a chapter? Is this my problem?

10 answers to this question

PS: I did noticed when I previewed the production I could start at the beginning of each chapter(w/menu button) but it would continue to the end of the production and not stop at the next chapter??
That's how Chapter buttons work even on a commercial DVD you buy.

I just bought a Compaq SR5050NX with Vista w/ Media Creator 9 to edit a video. I created my 1st production. I manually created chapters and attached "menu buttons". When I tried to burn the project, I got a warning "Buttons are overlapping on the Menu". I choose the "Burn Anyway" tab. I then get a Dialogue box that says "Media Creator 9 has encountered a problem and must close" Are these problems related?

I don't know for sure, but they could very well be related. I would suggest that you edit the menu by moving the buttons so they don't overlap, then try burning, see if the error recurs..

What are you trying to create? If you are trying to create a DVD, it should let you have overlapping buttons, but it will give you the warning, and some DVD players may not like your DVD. If you are creating a blueray disc, then the format of blueray will not let you have overlapping buttons. Try re-examining your menu, and make sure that there is enough space in between each button, and make sure that the settings are set apropriately for your project.

I don't know for sure, but they could very well be related. I would suggest that you edit the menu by moving the buttons so they don't overlap, then try burning, see if the error recurs..

I am trying to create a DVD. I moved the buttons as you suggested and that got rid of the "overlapping warning" but when I try to burn I get a window that says: "Video Wave 9 has stopped working" with "Close Progam" as the only option. I have tried several times with no luck. Help Please!!

I am trying to create a DVD. I moved the buttons as you suggested and that got rid of the "overlapping warning" but when I try to burn I get a window that says: "Video Wave 9 has stopped working" with "Close Progam" as the only option. I have tried several times with no luck. Help Please!!

Defrag your hard drive, get rid of any malware/spyware you have on your hard drive, reboot, and shut down any background programs that are running at startup.

Defrag your hard drive, get rid of any malware/spyware you have on your hard drive, reboot, and shut down any background programs that are running at startup.

I am sorry but I have very limited computer knowledge and I don't know how to "get rid of malware/spyware and shut down any background programs"? I did the Defrag and that didn't help. How do I disable malware and won't that create security problems for me? Thank you for any help you may give me.

Malware (aka spyware) is stuff that gets downloaded onto your computer from less than reputable websites.

To get rid of it, download either (or both) Lavasoft Adaware SE and/or Spybot S&D. Both are free for personal use

I use both as one will catch stuff the other misses but be sure to update both as soon as you run them (their definitions are updated regularly)

Edited by gi7omy

Another good free antispyware/malware program ius Superantispyware. In fact I've stopped using Adaware SE in favour of Superantispyware.

The free version does on demand scans. There is a paid for version that also does active monitoring. There are frequent database updates.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Another good free antispyware/malware program ius Superantispyware. In fact I've stopped using Adaware SE in favour of Superantispyware.

The free version does on demand scans. There is a paid for version that also does active monitoring. There are frequent database updates.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

OK I have defraged, I have used Superantispyware, closed all programs and tried to burn a DVD. I still get the window that says "Video Wave 9 has stopped working"????

I don't see where this has been asked yet in this thread, altho I may have missed it.

How are you opening MtDVD? Have you tried opening it from Start -> Programs -> Roxio 9 ..... instead of thru the Roxio Home window yet? If not, try it. Some have reported problems when opening apps thru the Roxio Home window that doesn't occur when they use the Start -> Programs method of opening the apps.