Heidi

VideoWave 9 Error when attempting to burn - HELP!

Question

Greetings!

I am praying for a prompt reply as I have 40 6th graders anxious to see their DVD slideshow tomorrow morning! I've used this software before and have been successful.

I created my slideshow, imported that to VideoWave, and then imported that into MyDVD. When I attempt to burn the DVD I get an error that says:

VideoWave 9 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might by lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

We have created an error reprot that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

ANY suggestions would be so greatly appreciated!!!

THANK YOU!

Heidi

P.S. - When I opened up older projects and attempted to burn them, I get the same error despite the fact that I had previously burned them successfully. Nothing on my system has changed with the exception of my McAfee being updated.

5 answers to this question

Okay...it looks as if I am able to burn using MyDVD Express...which will have to do for tomorrow, but still no luck using MyDVD - I get the error as described in my original post every time.

I'm wondering why you are getting a VideoWave error when you are trying to burn in MyDVD...

First of all, you can try just importing the slideshow directly into MyDVD... though that depends entirely on how you created it. Slideshow assistant? Videowave? Please let me know.

If you created the slideshow in VideoWave entirely, you can try outputting your production. There should be a small film reel icon somewhere on the interface (I can't remember where right now, and I don't have EMC 9 in front of me.). Once you have a separate file, close videowave, and open MyDVD by going through the start path (Start->All Programs->Roxio EMC 9->Video->VideoWave).

Then try importing your VideoWave exported file into MyDVD, and try burning that.

If that fails, try a repair install. Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs (On XP. On vista, it's Programs and Features). Then locate EMC 9 and click on "repair".

If that fails, a clean install might fix it, but please give us some feedback if it gets to this point.

If you are opening the programs from the Roxio Home window, then yes you should instead open them from the Start -> Programs -> Roxio.... instead as TOTG suggested. There have been anumber of users post that they have problems in MyDVD and Videowave that go away when doing this.

as to the question on why the error points to the videowave exe, that's because MyDVD uses the underlying videowave executable for it's rendering and project editing. The two are tightly integrated with each other. MyDVD requires videowave exe to function.

I'm having the same problem. My computer stats are:

Processor: Intle Core Duo CPU T2350@1.86 ghz

Ram: 2038

32 Bit Operating System

Vista Home Premium

I purchased roxio 9 about a month ago...have used their previous products. Have had issues, but been able to resolve them, except for this one. When I go to burn my DVD - created in MyDVD - I get a message saying disk is empty and videowave has encountered a problem..program must close. I don't get to chose to save it to an image instead of the disk.

I contacted tech support - they have me download the pxengine, and uninstall and reinstall my burner drive. Still doesn't work...however SOMETIMES...RARELY...it works.

I open it thru MyDVD..not thru home.