zRookz

no audio

I'm running windows xp on my hp laptop and I just went and got creator suit 9 soley so that I could use buzz with the codecs. It all seems to work ok (I havn't tried to do much with it yet) except that it won't play the audio of my mpeg-2 video's in the preview section, it only shows the video without any sound.

I really need this to work.

umm.. you can go ahead and delete my post, I don't know what happened, but it all works fine now after having restarted my computer. sorry for being a pain

Hi Eliyahu. The first thing to do is make sure you are using the latest audio drivers for your computer. We have seen at least one case where updating the audio drives fixed this same problem. It's possible we use some audio DShow calls that are nto working in your current driver.

Also, please check if that file can be played properly in Windows Media Player.

Let us know!

1. How do I make sure I have the latest drivers? I have windows updates already on.

2. The file plays in media player without sound

I am also having the same problem. I write software for a living and have used versions of roxio for years. I just purchased the version 10 suite and installed it on a new vista machine. First I found I had no audio when trying to convert a home movie from a dvd to an mpeg2 file. Other formats seemed to work so at least there was a work around for that.

However, I just finished making a 45 minute movie in Videowave (I've made many in version 8) and when I tested the output video, there was no audio. I really need to get this thing finished by the weekend too since I am mailing the movie out as Christmas presents.

UPDATE - After reading through other posts I found that my issue was solved with the AC3Filter. I also downloaded and played with the gspot program. Very cool little tool, and may come in handy.

Edited by jhorback

If the file does not play properly in Windows Media Player either, I'm inclined to say there's a problem with your media file. Do you know what the file type is?

For updating your audio drivers, Windows Update may not always have the latest for your driver. First check the manufacturer and version number of your current one (Look in the Device Manager). Then, go to the manufacturer web site and check their support downloads to see if there is a later version.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Jhorback, where did you get the AC3filter utility?

If the file does not play properly in Windows Media Player either, I'm inclined to say there's a problem with your media file. Do you know what the file type is?

For updating your audio drivers, Windows Update may not always have the latest for your driver. First check the manufacturer and version number of your current one (Look in the Device Manager). Then, go to the manufacturer web site and check their support downloads to see if there is a later version.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Jhorback, where did you get the AC3filter utility?

I have the newest drivers but it still does not work. Is this because I am using the free version? What should I do?

the full version of Buzz includes Dolby Digital support, and 3gp audio, so we would need to find out what kind of audio is in the file. How did you get the file? From a DV camera, web cam, mobile phone? What model? How did you record it? Can you check the properties on the file.

If you can't find out, send us the file at roxiolabstest@sonic.com (if under 10MB) and we'll check here.