• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

CD Still BLank after Burning

NYCGEO

Question

3 answers to this question

Whenever I burn a CD, the Recordnow goes through the motions of burning the CD. But at the end, when I go to play the CD, the computer still reads it as blank. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Are we sure the burner isn't bad? Is this something that just started after working awhile? Try using Windows Media Player to burn an audio cd. If that works, it's not your burner.

Also, make sure you have the latest firmware for your burner.

Thanks Paul.

I tired burning a song with Windows Media. WM kept asking me to insert a blank disk even after I had put in different blank disks. Does this mean my computer is not recognizing the disks? Is this a firmware problem?

Thanks Paul.

I tired burning a song with Windows Media. WM kept asking me to insert a blank disk even after I had put in different blank disks. Does this mean my computer is not recognizing the disks? Is this a firmware problem?

It's hard to tell at this point. First, please post back with some info about your computer hardware (like my signature below). Do you have any other similar programs like EMC installed?

Check in System Properties/Device Manager and make sure your drive is shown without a yellow mark next to it. It is advisable to update the firmware for your burner.

And, what about the answer to my question as to whether this just started happening? If so, did you add any new software?

Archived