• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Lost key after hard drive crash

Rick_bagby

Question

:angry: I had the EMC 7.0 installed and had a hard drive crash. I was able to reinstall the software (had the disk) but not the key ( threw the box away). A year and half later I realize I now need the box. Is there a way to get the key again? All assistance will be greatly appreciated. :unsure:

5 answers to this question

Another way to do it, provided you registered the software back then is to go here and log-in with your e-mail and password.

All keys for every version you registered will be there

Apparently I never registered it. I have a nasty habbit of always hitting the "later" button.

Once you find that key, take a CD/DVD marker and write it on the installation CD.

I am really not trying to be but If I could find the key, I wouldnt be here asking for help. The box is gone and so is the sleeve. I have tried just about every avenue short of buying another key.

Apparently I never registered it. I have a nasty habbit of always hitting the "later" button.

I am really not trying to be but If I could find the key, I wouldnt be here asking for help. The box is gone and so is the sleeve. I have tried just about every avenue short of buying another key.

If you never registered then there is not much anybody can do to help you :(

:angry: I had the EMC 7.0 installed and had a hard drive crash. I was able to reinstall the software (had the disk) but not the key ( threw the box away). A year and half later I realize I now need the box. Is there a way to get the key again? All assistance will be greatly appreciated. :unsure:

Here is a link on how to find your key number

Archived