spot

Compressing video files

Question

I purchased Popcorn 2 today. Did i waste my money? I tried to burn a dvd using video in a Video TS folder, it is upposed to be a simple matter of dragging into the box. I get a msg telling me the contents cannot be compressed. My understanding by reading about Popcorn2 is that i should be able to compress these file to fit onto a normal DVD.They are not copy protected or encrypted. Whats the scoop?

1 answer to this question

I purchased Popcorn 2 today. Did i waste my money? I tried to burn a dvd using video in a Video TS folder, it is upposed to be a simple matter of dragging into the box. I get a msg telling me the contents cannot be compressed. My understanding by reading about Popcorn2 is that i should be able to compress these file to fit onto a normal DVD.They are not copy protected or encrypted. Whats the scoop?

It should work.. however from what I understand Audio cannot be compressed only video can on popcorn 2. So here is a tip:

Make sure you only have selected the audio you will need (Dolby 5.1 for example) don't have checked all the audio (dolby 2.0 for example should not be selected on top of Dolby 5.1 etc.)

Also make sure you don't have all the extras this can improve compression time and overall video quality...

Also I did want to mention that Roxio products are very picky at times... so this issue could be due to how it was ripped, or made (for ex. iMove HD, iDVD etc.)

Hope this helps!

Edited by OSMacintosh