• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unhappy With Emc8.0

jackrand2000

Question

I primarly make DVD's from home movies. Here are my gripes about EMC8:

1. I was really irritated to discover that there are only 3 DVD Menu formats that come with EMC8, which is MANY less than what 7.5 had and to get more I have to buy them. That alone will make be go back to 7.5.

To sell me an "upgrade" and take away menu formats AND ask me to buy menu formats to get what I use to have, absolutely infuriates me.

2. Unlike in 7.5, it appears you can not save your menu setup for a DVD (i.e. the background, disk title and menu title...or at least it's not obvious how to).

3. I produced many successful DVDs with 7.5. The first DVD I produced with 8.0 did not work, nor was I able to produce additional copies from the ISO image. Nothing else changed. All I did was upgrade.

8 answers to this question

In MyDVD of EMC8 I have 14 menu styles listed in addition to the default, if that is what you are referring to? Have you installed the contents CD (or downloaded it if your EMC8 was a download), I think that's where they are.

Sorry Sknis, was typing while you posted..

No problem, I didn't do the count. We agreed on the content disc. :)

I am a slow learner, or time is short - I don't know which

If I look at my Menu fromat options (from using the download option), I only have 3 choices - not 14!

Any Ideas?

David

Did you download and install both files of V8; one was the program and one was the content. Go to add/remove programs and see if you can see 2 listings for V8. The content program needs to be installed separately from the program file (with a reboot after opening one program - anyone for best installation.

If you have download and installed both, I would image you may have a video card that needs to be updated (drivers) or upgraded.

I am a slow learner, or time is short - I don't know which

If I look at my Menu fromat options (from using the download option), I only have 3 choices - not 14!

Any Ideas?

David

Definitely sounds like a video card problem. Click on Tools, then click on Options. Is your Render using set to Software? If it is, change it to Hardware, and see if you can see all 14 options. If you can't, then either you did not install the Content file, or you need a better video card.

Definitely sounds like a video card problem. Click on Tools, then click on Options. Is your Render using set to Software? If it is, change it to Hardware, and see if you can see all 14 options. If you can't, then either you did not install the Content file, or you need a better video card.

The styles/themes are not dependant on hardware or software mode... if they are not showing then the content disc/download needs to be installed/reinstalled.

I primarly make DVD's from home movies. Here are my gripes about EMC8:

1. I was really irritated to discover that there are only 3 DVD Menu formats that come with EMC8, which is MANY less than what 7.5 had and to get more I have to buy them. That alone will make be go back to 7.5.

To sell me an "upgrade" and take away menu formats AND ask me to buy menu formats to get what I use to have, absolutely infuriates me.

First, did you install both parts of V8; there should be two discs or two download files. One of them is the program and the other is the content. The content does need to be installed separately after a reboot. If you only have three menu items, you are missing or have a bad install of the content. If you have done that correctly and still have a problem, then ...

This is a pretty good indication that you need to update the drivers for your video card. Problems of the visual nature are usually caused by problems with the Video Card. You should have about 12 menu formats. Try going to VideoWave, clcik on tools/options and see if the program has defaulted to software or hardware. If it is software, update the drivers and try again. Run the test. If it still defaults to software, you will need to upgrade your video card in order to get the additional menu items and about 100 more transitions. If you have onboard video or an older video baord, this would be a good investment. Get one with at lest 128mb onboard memory. You should be able to get one for arounf $50. Yes, I know that there is nothing on the box about this but the program will still owrk without it. It just works better. :)

It would be helpful if you post your computer specs. Go to My Controls and select edit my signature (on the left) put your signature and tyour computer specs there. Do not post your e-mail address in the signature unless you want a lot of spam/

Archived