• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help! Toast Will Not Eject First Disc When Using Disc Span

lynndeanne

Question

I am trying to back up a group of files. I set up in Mac format, Yoast told me how many DVD discs would be needed, proceeded to copy first disc. Then I get message telling me to label, eject, insert new disc. But nothing happens when I hit eject button. Can't eject from program, don't see disc in finder, pushing eject on player gets no response. First time this happened, I gave up, quit Toast, restarted, then saw DVD in finder and ejected. Reopened toast and returned to copy group (which i had saved), set up again, hoping it would start with disc 2. no such luck. Started again from beginning, got to end of disc and once again it will not eject it.

HELP?? What am I doing wrong? I just upgraded to Toast 7 last night. I am using a Plextor-PX-716UF which came with toast lite so should be compatible. I am on a G4 running OSX 10.3.9.

3 answers to this question

I am trying to back up a group of files. I set up in Mac format, Yoast told me how many DVD discs would be needed, proceeded to copy first disc. Then I get message telling me to label, eject, insert new disc. But nothing happens when I hit eject button. Can't eject from program, don't see disc in finder, pushing eject on player gets no response. First time this happened, I gave up, quit Toast, restarted, then saw DVD in finder and ejected. Reopened toast and returned to copy group (which i had saved), set up again, hoping it would start with disc 2. no such luck. Started again from beginning, got to end of disc and once again it will not eject it.

HELP?? What am I doing wrong? I just upgraded to Toast 7 last night. I am using a Plextor-PX-716UF which came with toast lite so should be compatible. I am on a G4 running OSX 10.3.9.

It appears everytime you are inserting a blank media, finder is prompting to label, eject etc. Go to System preferences -> CDs & DVDs - > Locate When you insert a blank CD / DVD - Change to "Ignore" from "Ask what to do". Then try using Toast again.

It appears everytime you are inserting a blank media, finder is prompting to label, eject etc. Go to System preferences -> CDs & DVDs - > Locate When you insert a blank CD / DVD - Change to "Ignore" from "Ask what to do". Then try using Toast again.

Thanks -- tried that, but it looks like communication problem is between toast and the dvd player. The message I'm seeing is from Toast. It appears that Toast can not eject a disk from drive -- and once disk is written, drive button won't eject it either. Yet drive will eject oyher disls, both from drive button and from finder. But, Toast sees the burner. It is really strange.

Archived