• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

64 bit compatibility of the "Windows Certified" version

Blaze

Question

According to some of the documentation I'm reviewing, Certified for Vista means that the product must be fully compatible with the 64 bit version as well. Can anyone confirm this ? And has anyone tried the latest version on the 64 bit platform ?

3 answers to this question

According to some of the documentation I'm reviewing, Certified for Vista means that the product must be fully compatible with the 64 bit version as well. Can anyone confirm this ? And has anyone tried the latest version on the 64 bit platform ?

Really? I wouldn't think that that would be the case, unless maybe it said it was Vista 64 certified.

Is Vista 64 bit even Vista certified? :blink::lol:;):lol::blink:

Look for the Logo. Experience the Difference.

Have confidence that Certified for Windows Vista products will provide superior experiences with your software, photos, music, videos and online communications on PC's running the Windows Vista operating system. That's because only Certified for Windows Vista software and devices have undergone Microsoft compatibility tests for ease-of-use, better performance and enhanced security. Certified for Windows Vista products make activities like enjoying photos and music, setting up wireless networks, connecting with friends and completing business tasks faster, easier and more secure.

Certified for Windows Vista software:

Is independently tested for compatibility, functionality and reliability on Windows Vista-based PC's.

Provides enhanced security by implementing Microsoft security guidelines.

Meets privacy standards set forth by the Anti-Spyware Coalition.

Installs reliably and if necessary, uninstalls cleanly.

Eliminates unnecessary reboots.

Ensures compatibility with 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows Vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...grade/logo.mspx (link for reference)

Edit: http://www.roxio.com/enu/promotions/landin...ta/default.html

The system requirement only lists XP64 though.

There's probably another certification program for Vista64.

Look for the Logo. Experience the Difference.

Have confidence that Certified for Windows Vista products will provide superior experiences with your software, photos, music, videos and online communications on PC's running the Windows Vista operating system. That's because only Certified for Windows Vista software and devices have undergone Microsoft compatibility tests for ease-of-use, better performance and enhanced security. Certified for Windows Vista products make activities like enjoying photos and music, setting up wireless networks, connecting with friends and completing business tasks faster, easier and more secure.

Certified for Windows Vista software:

Is independently tested for compatibility, functionality and reliability on Windows Vista-based PC's.

Provides enhanced security by implementing Microsoft security guidelines.

Meets privacy standards set forth by the Anti-Spyware Coalition.

Installs reliably and if necessary, uninstalls cleanly.

Eliminates unnecessary reboots.

Ensures compatibility with 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows Vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...grade/logo.mspx (link for reference)

Edit: http://www.roxio.com/enu/promotions/landin...ta/default.html

The system requirement only lists XP64 though.

There's probably another certification program for Vista64.

That's exactly what I was exactly referring to. Also similar info on start64.com. I'm moving to 64 bit by the end of the year if not sooner. Pf course it would be nice if Roxio was compatible with Vista 64. My system can handle up to 8GB of DDRII RAM and I'm thinking 6GB should be adequate.

Archived