Woodrow

When playback, menu screens are blue?

Question

I created a MyDVD project with .jpg files as menu backgrounds. There are a total of 25 chaptersand about 5 menus. I burned the project straight to disc with hardware graphics selected. The encoding and burn completed. However, when I played the disc back from a DVD player, the menu screens were all blue. In addition, the chapter slides and title text for each chapter didn't show up. All I see is a blue screen. Has anyone had this issue and been able to fix it?

3 answers to this question

Usually a blue screen is the TV itself thinking it hasn't got a signal - are the menus viewable when you play the disc in the computer?

Usually a blue screen is the TV itself thinking it hasn't got a signal - are the menus viewable when you play the disc in the computer?

Thanks for responding. The same thing occurs when I run it in the computer.

Thanks for responding. The same thing occurs when I run it in the computer.

Thats pretty odd... What are your source files, and what kind of discs did you use?

Try creating a couple of test images. On one, use your original project. On the other, use some different files, and a different menu. Once you've done this, try and play back both of these on your computer (Don't bother wasting any DVDs yet), and see if anything good happens.