• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Many Jpegs On Slide Show

uva25

Question

9 answers to this question

I am a little confused, you ask about a DVD slideshow, then you mention vcd? Do you have a DVD burner, if so that is what you should be using for quality. I am not sure exactly what the limit is for how many pictures can fit on a slideshow, there are many variables, but I know it is quite a few. Is this going to be one slideshow or a number of them? A little more information would help. How many are you thinking of using? Are you planning using videowave to put your slideshow together. That would be my recommendation. As you are adding the pictures to the storyline, in videowave you will see a gauge at the bottom, that will give you an idea how the project is filling up. It depends on how much time each picture is viewed, transitions and music. As I said many variables.

I experimented a little last night and made a slideshow and a movie(??) both on a dvd-r? I'm a little confused at the difference, though. I assume a slide show is merely a string of pictures that I can flip through while a dvd movie is more of a movie/mpeg made up of my pictures with background music. I didn't get the background mp3 file that I chose on the slideshow, only the movie.

I'd really like to have 3 menu choices on the dvd, say 2003, 2004 and 2005 pictures. I could click on each one and have different background music/transitions on each one. It would be very helpful if you could explain how to do this. I know the basics on imorting the pics, adding music, etc but I'm not sure about how to create multiple menus (sets of pics) and where to pick whether it was a slideshow or vcd. Thanks for the help.

I am a little confused, you ask about a DVD slideshow, then you mention vcd? Do you have a DVD burner, if so that is what you should be using for quality. I am not sure exactly what the limit is for how many pictures can fit on a slideshow, there are many variables, but I know it is quite a few. Is this going to be one slideshow or a number of them? A little more information would help. How many are you thinking of using? Are you planning using videowave to put your slideshow together. That would be my recommendation. As you are adding the pictures to the storyline, in videowave you will see a gauge at the bottom, that will give you an idea how the project is filling up. It depends on how much time each picture is viewed, transitions and music. As I said many variables.

Oops, I had another issue last night. On the slideshow I don't think I got any black bars on my widescreen tv but on the VCD I did. I noticed the aspect ratio choices but it didn't seem to change anything unless I did this too late in the process?

Yes, start the slide show in VideoWave. Make three or more separate projects -200X, 200Y, 2000z make sure you select the 4 by 3 or the wide screen options. After you have save the projects, go to My DVD and select the background theme and the music you want for that background (it plays 150 seconds and then loops). Now add the slide show via add new movie - the saved project files are the ones to add. Click on files/project settings and select "archive photos" and the best quality options rather than the fit on disc option. You can choose to normalize the audio at this point. Close that out and click on the burn option. Select the create ISO file and deselect the other two options. Burn the ISO file and when that completes (it will take some time because the program is rendering the slide show to a DVD compliant standard. When that is done, close My DVD and open disc copier. Copy the ISO file to the disc. If you put the disc in a player, the player will play the movie. If you explore the disc on a computer, you will be able to see and print the images.

A couple of things. You keep mentioning a VCD. There is really no advantage to burn to a VCD. The time will be limited and the quality will be poorer. If you improve the quality by burning as a SVCD, the time will be much less and the quality will still be less than the DVD. Not all DVD players will play a VCD or a SVCD so if you give a disc to someone, it may not play on their player. BTW, creating the ISO file and then copying the file to a disc seems to give a burn that more players will recognize. Not all players will play all formats (+R/-R) of homemade discs. The process for making commercial discs is much different so that is more universal.

Did you notice that the users guide is now available? That may also help. Sticky at the top of the V8 board

Thank you VERY much. As for 4:3 or 16:9, is this a function of the tv output or how the picture was taken? For instance I just realized that my DV recorder has the option to record in 16:9 so after a few years I switched to this mode.

You haven't told me which part of the program you are compiling your project in. If you have a DVD burner. You can put your stills and video in the same project. Please give me this information before I continue with more instructions.

You haven't told me which part of the program you are compiling your project in. If you have a DVD burner. You can put your stills and video in the same project. Please give me this information before I continue with more instructions.

I have a brand new dvd burner and I was burnign to DVD's. I don't remember where I compiled the slideshow. I am thinking maybe I should compile in Video Wave, create several slideshows and then go to My DVD to imprt the multiple slide shows. Here I can edit my menus, etc. Does this make sense as I currently don't have access to the software? Thanks for you patience.

Thank you VERY much. As for 4:3 or 16:9, is this a function of the tv output or how the picture was taken? For instance I just realized that my DV recorder has the option to record in 16:9 so after a few years I switched to this mode.

I would check out the manuel you can download from the top of the general page, however, I believe that you can use that setting if you have taken the picture with that mode, and it seems to me I saw someone say they had used it with video taken in reg mode. However, since I have not tried this I am unfamiliar with just how it is used. You could either use the search forum for the 16:9 subject or try the manuel

Yes, start the slide show in VideoWave. Make three or more separate projects -200X, 200Y, 2000z make sure you select the 4 by 3 or the wide screen options. After you have save the projects, go to My DVD and select the background theme and the music you want for that background (it plays 150 seconds and then loops). Now add the slide show via add new movie - the saved project files are the ones to add. Click on files/project settings and select "archive photos" and the best quality options rather than the fit on disc option. You can choose to normalize the audio at this point. Close that out and click on the burn option. Select the create ISO file and deselect the other two options. Burn the ISO file and when that completes (it will take some time because the program is rendering the slide show to a DVD compliant standard. When that is done, close My DVD and open disc copier. Copy the ISO file to the disc. If you put the disc in a player, the player will play the movie. If you explore the disc on a computer, you will be able to see and print the images.

A couple of things. You keep mentioning a VCD. There is really no advantage to burn to a VCD. The time will be limited and the quality will be poorer. If you improve the quality by burning as a SVCD, the time will be much less and the quality will still be less than the DVD. Not all DVD players will play a VCD or a SVCD so if you give a disc to someone, it may not play on their player. BTW, creating the ISO file and then copying the file to a disc seems to give a burn that more players will recognize. Not all players will play all formats (+R/-R) of homemade discs. The process for making commercial discs is much different so that is more universal.

Did you notice that the users guide is now available? That may also help. Sticky at the top of the V8 board

I have a brand new dvd burner and I was burnign to DVD's. I don't remember where I compiled the slideshow. I am thinking maybe I should compile in Video Wave, create several slideshows and then go to My DVD to imprt the multiple slide shows. Here I can edit my menus, etc. Does this make sense as I currently don't have access to the software? Thanks for you patience.

Not to mention that vcd or svcd's don't hold near as large a project, like you said, the quality is far less. Hopefully this will help you. Don't hesitate to write back if you have any other questions. Patty

Archived